Hello

independent

My life changed significantly when I was trying to figure out why the power company kept putting me in circular waiting lines. I guess about 12 years ago.

Then it struck. They were doing it on purpose, trying to wear me down so I couldn't talk to their under resourced staff about a problem they had instigated.

I swore never to pay another power bill and have been tinkering with various micro to small solar panel systems since.

I've used just about all of the cell technologies except the ultra modern ones coming on stream now for tractionusage.

Love it, there's nothing like the satisfaction of making your own electricity. :heart:

However, the first thing I usually say to someone interested in this hobby isyou can't make it cheaper than you can buy it. :cry:

Think long term and go eventually for lifepo4 or lto.
Or go big with 18650 and have a dod of 50% and keep expanding.
It will be very cheap in 5 years, prices are going up.sun also, just saying.
Welcome

I stay connected to the grid because it's so cheap! $1.20 per day to be connected is a small price to pay when an inverter dies or you want every aircon in the house at 18degc

hbpowerwall said:
I stay connected to the grid because it's so cheap! $1.20 per day to be connected is a small price to pay when an inverter dies or you want every aircon in the house at 18degc
Exactly. My goal is to produce a majority of the power for my home and imagine that we could cut back / live pretty well if grid went down (like in earthquake or power company shutdown due to fire risk) -but I have no trouble using grid alongside :)

Back