rePackr issues

dallenroyse

Hello, I am assembling a 12kw "powerwall" using salvaged 18650s. I entered the battery capacities into a spreadsheet and pasted the list into therePackr program.
I combined the cells into 48V packs.During assembly, it called for battery capacitiesthat were not in the batteries available. This happened about 10 times.:mad:
This cast doubt on the rePackr program.

Rerunning the program, gave a different grouping of batteries. WTFrench? Clicked the "Generate the packs" button and got yet a different result. Clicked it again. Different result.

If I can't get the program to give a consistent output, how can I have any confidence in it?

Help please?

BTW, I have signed up to be a v2.0 Alpha user.

It randomizes to a Close decimal point. It wont be 100% same.

As Daromer said, it'll never be exactly the same. Perhaps a screen recording and upload to show us exactly what is happening?

Note that repackr is made to make the total capacity and Number of cells Close to same. That can be done in many variants

Before I assume there is anything wrong with the program, I am going to re-enter the capacities of the 1596 cells and assume that I made data entry errors.

Repackr calls for the values to be comma separated values. It is most useful and easiest to enter the values in a spread sheet column. The program seems to work if I cut and paste the values from the spreadsheet into the program. Is there any known problem doing it like this?

Not really. Copy them to Notepad or something first to make sure you dont have junk-chars.

But as said its random.... Its just doing a rough calculationg trying to get it as close to possible and that can be done in numerous ways.

Back