Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small charging circuit
Beeping when a fault is detected can certainly be helpful.  But what if it happens in the evening when there's nobody around?  Or, (real story, RAID case) the clueless employees just deactivate the beeper and not even report it.  "Oh yeah, it was beeping about a month ago..."  :-(
Modular PowerShelf using 3D printed packs.  40kWh and growing.
https://secondlifestorage.com/showthread.php?tid=6458
But what if it happens in the evening when there's nobody around?  in that situation the bms will stop the charge. If I will leave a lithium battery charging unattended, I would also use an overvoltage protection relay just in case bms fails. 

Below is a picture how I have it setup, power source connected to volt/amp meter / meter connected to buck converter / converter connected to bms / bms connected to battery / tenergy lipo meter connected to balance connecter . The buck converter I set to max out at 6 amps, since battery is at 95 percent, the buck converter has reduce amps to 1.94 amps, the closer it gets to 100 percent it gets reduce even lower. 

This is an all in one buck converter I built to charge my 4s lifepo4. It has a volt/amp meter(4 dollars), xt60 connectors for input/output, it even has a small 40mm fan. You just plug the input/output and it works, it doesnt matter which you connect first. It has no on/off buttons to press. As long as the power source voltage is higher then the max battery voltage is, it charges.

This is GREAT! thanks for the info! I'll be using an energus tiny bms so that should manage any cell voltage disparity or overcharging.
Ill get a buck converter and a power supply.