Busbar cable

davidknowles

I have come to the conclusion a moduler design for my packs is the way to go, but now I am chasing some busbars.

I like the way that the three strand tisted core looks and fits nicely between the cells.

I ccant seem to find solid core at the uasual hardware outlets, its all multistrand.
If I do a loop I can split the amperage of the wire in half, so if I want overall 100a, 50a / 3(cores) = 14AWG or 1.5mm should do.

Where can you find this in AU? :s

Thanks

House wire is solid core. Did you look at that? At least it is in the US.

What multiple lots of the 2.5mm2 7 strand wires used in houses here?
Thinking about bus bars I made some like that to see how it would go. I used it for powering my 21 x tp4056.
I only twisted it together by hand and it looks ok.

Geek said:
Korishan said:
House wire is solid core. Did you look at that? At least it is in the US.

Not so in Australia.

Ohh, ok. Just looked it up. I would go with the smallest wire that has the largest cores, then double that up if needed. You don't "have" to use 3 strands of 14 gauge wire. You can use 6 strands or 12 strands of smaller gauge wire too.

It's for flexibility, the cross sectional area is the same/pretty close.
Don't use fine stranded cable, a stray strand will cause a short for sure.
Should be fine with 7 strands twisted, then 3x of those twisted together.

Just an idea sent from my phone.

image_aywhsa.jpg

image_upgjfg.jpg

image_qlrapt.jpg

image_sqpphu.jpg

image_ajrzog.jpg

image_cmufny.jpg

image_bqnhxa.jpg

I hope I got the good pictures off my phone.
Btw the last picture...if you need a busbare like this you got one hell of a battery and consumption

btw dont mix mm2 and dia.
2.05 is dia and 2.50 is mm2.
Cross section and surface are 2 different things

I use about 260ft in one of my batteries (4 busbars per cell * 14cells * 28inches = 130.6ft per each 14s120p battery = $65. I'm up to 5 batteries so 653ft of hand built busbar wire would have been quite a feat. I've found it easier to simply buy "300 - [BC6STR] 6 AWG Soft Drawn, Stranded, Bare Copper Wire @ $0.49" - makes really nice busbars. Its ~ 10 individual copper wires twisted together and solders up with no hu-ha using a 100w iron.

image_nuwqff.jpg

I buy it here: https://www.wireandcableyourway.com/6-awg-soft-drawn-stranded-bare-copper-wire.html

100kwh-hunter said:
Just an idea sent from my phone.

image_aywhsa.jpg

image_upgjfg.jpg

image_qlrapt.jpg

image_sqpphu.jpg

image_ajrzog.jpg

image_cmufny.jpg

image_bqnhxa.jpg

I hope I got the good pictures off my phone.
Btw the last picture...if you need a busbare like this you got one hell of a battery and consumption

btw dont mix mm2 and dia.
2.05 is dia and 2.50 is mm2.
Cross section and surface are 2 different things

LOL yeah the size of that busbar you are holding would carry some seriousjuice.

Yip, i noticed some cable specifies the dimeter and not the area and viceversa.
I have working out the area I need and then allowing a little extra for safety and heat reduction.

Back