Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stabilant 22, miracle medicine for busbars?
Yo, anyone here heard or used Stabilant 22? https://www.servomotorsadjust.com/en/stabilant-22/

I have a report from a user that said that after applying it to all 96 electrical connections, "The Gen1 Nissan Leaf cars that I used it on, the owners told me that they have around 40 - 45 km more range"

The 2011/2012 Leaf pack usually suffers from high internal resistance (Hx), but this is clearly too god to be true. But is there any truth at all to this product when used on busbars?
EXPENSIVE!! Looks like a super cleaner of some sort. By the description on the link above, it almost sounds like snake oil

Quote:Stabilant 22 is an organic compound that allows electricity to flow where it should and should not. It starts to decompose at around 240ºC.

This element behaves as a conductor or insulator depending on various factors, for example the electric or magnetic field, pressure, radiation that affects it or room temperature

Sounds fishy to me. The vids I found on it seems to be sponsored by it, or others just making claims and not showing before/after results. So can't say for sure. Then again, I only did a quick search right now.

Would be interesting to know if they are legit or not, tho.
Proceed with caution. Knowledge is Power! Literally! Cool 
Knowledge is Power; Absolute Knowledge is Absolutely Shocking!
Certified 18650 Cell Reclamation Technician

Please come join in general chit-chat and randomness at Discord Chat (channels: general, 3d-printing, linux&coding, 18650, humor, ...)
(this chat is not directly affiliated with SecondLifeStorage; VALID email req'd)
I have to agree - I mean even on the images on their website they are applying the liquid to the TOP of an IC... like, what possible use could that have? The best it could be is effectively a really good dielectric grease. And with what we are doing - rigid clamping should be more than enough. I'd think the small gauge of our bussbars is more likely to cause an issue than the connectors between packs.
Yeah I want to believe, but would like to see some independent testing.

[Image: OfZor4e.png]
BS.

If the connections have been made properly from start it wont do any good. The only good it can do is that you picked it apart and cleaned the ends. Because just applying something wont help.
Dala and MattsAwesomeStuff like this post
The Ultimate DIY Solar and build place
YouTube / Forum system setup / My webpage  Diy Tech & Repairs

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 83kWh LiFePo4 | 10kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly
Upcoming: 14S 18650~30kWh | Automatic trip breakers, and alot more