Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone tested the Cell doctor (megacellcharger.com)?
Did a search but didn’t find anything so I’m asking, has anyone tried the Cell doctor from megacellcharger.com?

It looks promising for automating the cell database gathering and I would like to automate label printing as well.

Cells tested: 4087
Average capacity: 2082 mAh
Left to process: 165 kg
Looks like a modified version of BrettWatty's tester..
Tom from Battery Hookup has invested heavily into the product so altho i've never used it (Opus Fanboy) it looks to be gaining a good following. See this thread on the DIYPowerwalls facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/diypower...725993455/
Save 10% at Battery Hookup with code 'Powerwalls' Just enter it in checkout www.batteryhookup.com
(12-21-2019, 07:04 PM)hbpowerwall Wrote: Tom from Battery Hookup has invested heavily into the product so altho i've never used it (Opus Fanboy) it looks to be gaining a good following. See this thread on the DIYPowerwalls facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/diypower...725993455/

Is Tom trustworthy?

“The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.”
Tom is for sure trustworthy as being One of USAs largest battery recycle center selling cells to us DIY people
hbpowerwall and chuckp like this post
The Ultimate DIY Solar and build place
YouTube / Forum system setup / My webpage  Diy Tech & Repairs

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 100kWh LiFePo4 | 20kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly | ABB S3 and S5 Trip breakers
Upcoming: 14S 18650~30kWh
(12-22-2019, 12:10 PM)daromer Wrote: Tom is for sure trustworthy as being One of USAs largest battery recycle center selling cells to us DIY people

Good! Didn’t find anything about it on his webpage though.
(12-21-2019, 12:03 PM)winny Wrote: Did a search but didn’t find anything so I’m asking, has anyone tried the Cell doctor from megacellcharger.com?

It looks promising for automating the cell database gathering and I would like to automate label printing as well.

Hi

I Own two of those, and im currently testing 2.700 cell's with it.

What do you want to know?

Printing is fully automated. 

Theres a lot of software bugs, however im in a beta tester group and new software is released quickly, and the product is becomming better and better.
(12-23-2019, 12:56 PM)M1kkel Wrote: Hi

I Own two of those, and im currently testing 2.700 cell's with it.

What do you want to know?

Printing is fully automated. 

Theres a lot of software bugs, however im in a beta tester group and new software is released quickly, and the product is becomming better and better.

How is it holding up mechanically and electrically?
How accurate is the voltage and current measurement?
How’s the assembly?
Is any case included?
How are the cell holders? For reference, the Lii-500 requires a tool to get the cells out.
Interesting... Im about to buy 3 more opus chargers, maybe I'll wait...
Follow my Powerwall journey here: 
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjXT8KJnEzo-DJHFRR1W8jg

Building the following:
20kWh Powerwall
8kW Solar
30kW Heating system
I contacted them months ago after I saw they were looking for beta testers. I was hoping to get one to review and see how it holds up after running 24/7. It took them a LONG time to reply (think it was over a month if I recall correctly) and wanted my phone number to add me to a WhatsApp group or something? I don't know, I never followed up as I don't like having to give personal information like that online.
NEW Old-Stock LG 2600mAh 18650 Cells, Only $0.75/each!
^ Use discount code "BATTERY" for 10% off!