Anyone tested the Cell doctor (megacellcharger.com)?

winny

Did a search but didnt find anything so Im asking, has anyone tried the Cell doctor from megacellcharger.com?

It looks promising for automating the cell database gathering and I would like to automate label printing as well.

image_qvndgu.jpg

Tom is for sure trustworthy as being One of USAs largest battery recycle center selling cells to us DIY people

daromer said:
Tom is for sure trustworthy as being One of USAs largest battery recycle center selling cells to us DIY people

Good! Didnt find anything about it on his webpage though.

winny said:
Did a search but didnt find anything so Im asking, has anyone tried the Cell doctor from megacellcharger.com?

It looks promising for automating the cell database gathering and I would like to automate label printing as well.

image_qvndgu.jpg

Hi

I Own two of those, and im currently testing 2.700 cell's with it.

What do you want to know?

Printing is fully automated.

Theres a lot of software bugs, however im in a beta tester group and new software is released quickly, and the product is becomming better and better.

M1kkel said:
Hi

I Own two of those, and im currently testing 2.700 cell's with it.

What do you want to know?

Printing is fully automated.

Theres a lot of software bugs, however im in a beta tester group and new software is released quickly, and the product is becomming better and better.

How is it holding up mechanically and electrically?
How accurate is the voltage and current measurement?
Hows the assembly?
Is any case included?
How are the cell holders? For reference, the Lii-500 requires a tool to get the cells out.

I contacted them months ago after I saw they were looking for beta testers. I was hoping to get one to review and see how it holds up after running 24/7. It took them a LONG time to reply (think it was over a month if I recall correctly) and wanted my phone number to add me to a WhatsApp group or something? I don't know, I never followed up as I don't like having to give personal information like that online.

Hi, I don't have a Megacellcharger yet, but I ordered one just before Christmas. It's due to arrive in mid-February.

I have quite a lively exchange with Alex, who always answers very quickly and is very attentive. Alex lives and works in Romania and has a new software developer on board for some time now.

Since a few days you can't buy the Megacellcharger directly anymore, Alex has set up a crowdfunding campaign to harvest 34.000 Euro, nearly 10% he has together. The goal is to produce a "finished" or massmarket product, i.e. with the right casing, the money is needed for the mould. If the campaign is successful he wants to deliver the devices in April.

The Baker prices are interesting: one MCC together with a 5V/20A power supply should cost 157$, two MCC with a 5V/40A power supply will cost 310$. There are more packages available.

To get the campaign rolling I ordered two additional MCC with a power supply.

More information here:
https://megacellcharger.com/product/mega-cell-charger-mass-production/

Back