has anybody got a solar monitoring PROGRAM, (not APP god i fell old)

jon218white

hello just getting into solar just wondering if anybody has a custom program that monitors current capacity ect of the system
thanks

So you are looking for a program that runs on Linux/Mac/Windows and not on Android or iOS?

You're not old, just need to clarify what program/app differentiation is :p
Program/Application is the former, App is the latter ;)

How much monitoring are you looking for? Do you want just voltage/amps, watts, or also panel angles, temperatures, etc???

What you looking for?

I have many different things running here so you can take a look at that.

I'm using the affordable EPSolar Tracer 40A which supports modbus. With that I use a Raspberry Pi and a python script to gather the data and push it over mqtt into my home automation box with Influx/Grafana and OpenHAB. I can monitor my voltage (not capacity yet) and trigger items based on voltage levels. The script is based off the work of others and has had some modifications I'm happy to share if you went that route.

If you're still looking for solar panels check your local for sale stuff like Craigslist or equivalent to avoid shipping. Also if you have installers in town it never hurts to ask about old panels or extras from large projects they may let go at a reasonable price.

Back