Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batrium Shunt inaccurate current measurment
Yes and if you told all info directly me among others would have responded differently. 98% of the users are pretty new to this Smile

I would Guess the problem sound like callibration issue a d No There are nothing available for us to callibrate it as of now.

My ref to bad solder was that There can be issues with urs though its not bad solder..

Mail batrium and with all info ie how you compare it and all such because otherwise they Will ask same questions.
The Ultimate DIY Solar and build place
YouTube / Forum system setup / My webpage  Diy Tech & Repairs

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 100kWh LiFePo4 | 20kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly | ABB S3 and S5 Trip breakers
Upcoming: 14S 18650~30kWh
Batrium confirmed its a mis-calibrated shunt and wants to replace it.

Disappointed I'm responsible for the $60-$80 return shipping on an item that arrived DOA as part of a $800 set though. For as much as they like to claim the extra price is worth the quality and accuracy, I'd rather see them fully stand behind that and cover all costs when it turns out not to be the case.

AIMs just took back two defective 100lb inverters and didn't charge me return shipping, so I guess i'm jaded.
Ibiza likes this post
I agree with you. I faulty product from the delivery should never ever be held on the customer side. I hope that was wrong info from their side

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 100kWh LiFePo4 | 20kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly | ABB S3 and S5 Trip breakers
I checked the return policy and they will pay for the return if the issue is on their side. They need it to be returned as is. They check it out and then they send a new one back including the fee to return it. Sounds like the normal procedure.

If you need 0 downtime you either need to sign up for support contract regarding that but I dont think Batrium have that or just buy a 2nd unit to have meanwhile.

(01-05-2020, 11:05 PM)daromer Wrote: I checked the return policy and they will pay for the return if the issue is on their side. They need it to be returned as is. They check it out and then they send a new one back including the fee to return it. Sounds like the normal procedure.

If you need 0 downtime you either need to sign up for support contract regarding that but I dont think Batrium have that or just buy a 2nd unit to have meanwhile.

Where do you see that? Per their site "  Returns for faulty goods: Please note, you will be responsible for paying your own shipping costs when returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable."

They also told me this directly in an email. 
Yes you have to pay for it initially. If the issue is deemed to be on their side they will get you the money back. As to standard procedures. You can cross check that with them.
1. You ship it back
2. They investigate
3. They will payout money for shipping and send you replacement when determined to be issue with the shunt.

I asked them this directly and they said no, not true, I will always be responsible for return shipping even if it's a DoA item. And if I'm unhappy with that i can return the entire system for a refund.
Wow, that's crazy. I thought that paying the premium over the Chinese BMS is that you get a company that stands behind a product. No way should a customer pay for the return of a defective product outside the customer's control. I just received my batrium bms last week and should have it fully installed over the next week or two. If I have the same problem, I'm going to be pissed.

How long has it been since you purchased? You could call your credit card and see if they could offer some assistance. Most credit cards in the US offer extended warranty protection, but not sure how that would apply for our DIY stuff.
I was actually wrong about the refund. It actually is stated in their webpage in how its handled.

https://www.batrium.com/pages/refund-policy

Argh, the replacement shunt does the exact same thing. Accurate readings at 50A and 150A, but reads 100A when 120A charge passes through it, and 90A when 100A passes through it. IE, it appears there's an error range in the calibration and a new one has the same error.