Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the best spot welder
At a good price.

Either complete...

Or buildable from a kit.
Depends on what you look for. 220v then suunko 709ad.

Battery then kweld.
The Ultimate DIY Solar and build place
YouTube / Forum system setup / My webpage  Diy Tech & Repairs

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 100kWh LiFePo4 | 20kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly | ABB S3 and S5 Trip breakers
Upcoming: 14S 18650~30kWh
(12-27-2019, 06:39 PM)daromer Wrote: Depends on what you look for. 220v then suunko 709ad.

Battery then kweld.

OK thanks.  Basically $280 on amazon.  But not highly rated.

That's one of the problems I am having.  Buying something highly rated as opposed to junk.

Or spending the money on plugins instead like Jehugarcia is now doing.

Any opinions on which way to go ?
dont know. We dont know anything on what your goal/aim is. Spot welding is alot faster than soldering. Its ALOT cheaper than using PCB boards and things. And if your goal is a proper powerwall or packs spot welding is they way to go.

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 100kWh LiFePo4 | 20kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly | ABB S3 and S5 Trip breakers
I am quite happy with the sunko 709ad+ bought it for a good price. Nothing really bad about it. Sometimes blows my fuse :-D
malectrics 12 volt welder is good for the 100 dollar price. Uses any 12 volt lead acid or even a 3s battery(latest version) as power source. I get good welds on 0.015 nickle strip on power setting 4 (it goes as high as 9) . Just use 6 gauge pure copper welding cables for the probes for best results. If the welding cables are too thin or use copper clad wire, they get very hot and you have to use a higher power setting. With these 12 volt welders you don't have to worry about your house current being adequate. 12 volt battery easily provides the amps needed. 

picture of my welder, this is the older version, the new malectrics is much improve but still cost the same. Very compact and easy to store when not in use. I use xt90 connectors to connect to a 12 volt agm battery. Note how I put the trigger switch right on the probe tip, the probe tips are copper nails, they are cheap and work excellent as tips. I paid about 20 dollars for 6 gauge pure copper wire, easily a major improvement over the 8 gauge speaker wire I was using.
Got the Malectrics kit for Xmas. Seems pretty good so far. Trust it way more than some cheap Chinese one for the same money.
Still working on it.  Small list.  Would appreciate any other user comments for each one.

SUNKKO 709A, 709AD and 709AD+   -   What's the difference and which one should I shortlist.

KWeld

Malectrics kit.

OK - Disregard.  I just ordered the Malectrics kit.

Thanks for all the help.

Always difficult to know what to choose.  But price was important and I have a battery and looked at lot's of comments and reviews for all the products listed above.

Thanks again.
709ad is digital. ad+ have some more touch buttons kind of.
Same content inside.

Thanks Daromer.

We were typing at the same time, I think.

I added to my previous post.

Went for the Malectrics kit.