Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[BUYING] Battery Hookup Australian/NZ Group Buy
Crickets
US$50 per kWh...

https://batteryhookup.com/products/4-186...-batteries
(12-27-2019, 10:16 PM)deauzie Wrote: G'day Guys

Like every Australian interested in powering our homes with solar, battery storage bigger enough and affordable enough has always been the greatest hurdle.

Battery Hookup in the US currently has some great deals but airfreight isn't possible, I was wondering if any Australians and New Zealanders would be interested in being involved in a group buy where we could share a shipping container.

I'm happy enough to chase down the shipping costs and enquire about customs requirements.

Please let me know what you want and the quantity so we can try to negotiate a discount that could potentially pay for the shipping and lower the battery price as well, tell everyone you know the more we buy the cheaper it will be

I don't want to handle your money so the best practice would be to pay battery hookup directly if anyone knows of service let me know.

thanks
Idea
Paul

(04-28-2020, 03:46 AM)Solexx X Wrote:
(12-27-2019, 10:16 PM)deauzie Wrote: G'day Guys

Like every Australian interested in powering our homes with solar, battery storage bigger enough and affordable enough has always been the greatest hurdle.

Battery Hookup in the US currently has some great deals but airfreight isn't possible, I was wondering if any Australians and New Zealanders would be interested in being involved in a group buy where we could share a shipping container.

I'm happy enough to chase down the shipping costs and enquire about customs requirements.

Please let me know what you want and the quantity so we can try to negotiate a discount that could potentially pay for the shipping and lower the battery price as well, tell everyone you know the more we buy the cheaper it will be

I don't want to handle your money so the best practice would be to pay battery hookup directly if anyone knows of service let me know.

thanks
Idea
Paul

I'm in Canada and have had really good results with buying modem packs from Battery Hookup. I think you have a good idea to buy them by the container load. I normally just cross the local bridge to pick them up in the US so I understand your pain in the ass to get them to Auz. The cells that they sell are almost all testing at full capacity in the modem packs so if you are able to get a large quantity of the same cells it would make the battery building process easier. Good luck with your projects fellas!
Cheers
Pete
@Solexx X: We have no idea where the quoted message ends and where your message begins. Please edit the post and put your responses "outside" of the quote blocks. So your text would go after the [/quote] tag.
Proceed with caution. Knowledge is Power! Literally! Cool 
Knowledge is Power; Absolute Knowledge is Absolutely Shocking!
Certified 18650 Cell Reclamation Technician

Please come join in general chit-chat and randomness at Discord Chat (channels: general, 3d-printing, linux&coding, 18650, humor, ...)
(this chat is not directly affiliated with SecondLifeStorage; VALID email req'd)
Interested too, I'd be willing to drive anywhere in Australia for pickup, could drop off orders too for 2x petrol price.