Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Nissan e-NV200 / Leaf 14kw Powerwall 14s4p
could you possibly give the name of the company you got the batteries from?
drnickriviera Wrote:Here is my charge curve for a new Gen2 module that I did on my Icharger 4010 3.2-4.15v  It really sucks up the juice on the higher end of the voltage range.  I dont think i'll bother going below 3.7. 

I have 58 new gen 2 cells to put into a powerwall.  I'm thinking 18P3S for my 24V system and going 3.7-4.1 (maybe 4.15)  I'll have them in a conditioned shop, so they should not get any extreme temperatures

Bigdav.  In one of your first post, you were going to bolt the modules together with MDF.  You didn't say why you were advised against that?
Hi Everybody! Hi Doctor Nick!

It is very interesting to see the charge curve for the Gen2 battery. I wonder what my Gen1 will provide?
Out of curiosity what Ah rating are you getting per module?

I am going to take the plunge and order the Icharger X8 or Icharger 4010 (but struggling to find them in stock the uk) Where did you source the Icharger?

With regards my decision not to use MDF, at the time I felt that if there was a fire, it would just provide additional fuel for the fire to take alight. I do understand that when lithium batteries catch fire, EVERYTHING is going to burn so there is probably no real reason why you cant use MDF. As a keen recycler, I decided to make use of as much of the original steel hardware which was custom made to clamp the batteries together. It just made more sense. Plus a few other youtubers did the same thing.

stockleys08 Wrote:could you possibly give the name of the company you got the batteries from?
I got my batteries from an electric car sales showroom in Kildare, Ireland. Its called Electric Autos.
Unfortunately they have not had any more batteries for sale as they don't normally break cars for scrappage.
Battery Capacity: 14kwh  = 28x 2011 Nissan eNV200/Leaf Gen1 Modules (14s4p) with Victron Multiplus II GX 48/3000 AC Coupled Inverter
Solar Capacity: 3.18kwh = 12x REC 265PE BLK Solar Panels with SolarEdge SE4000 Inverter
Hard to tell on graph, but i'm getting the full 64ah on mine.  I'm thinking the Gen 1 is similar on the curve.  I've seen other graphs where the curve goes a bit further down and drops off around 3.5v.  My brother found this 4010 on ebay.  It was stupid cheap, like $50.  Think it was a returned item as the usb port doesn't work, but still logs fine with the SD card.  It took me a while to figure it out, but the dual channels are really nice for testing these modules.  My modules came to me at 3.2v, so I'd do a charge capacity test, but then i'd need to take them back down to 3.7v for storage.  It's an easy 40ah to get it down to that level and took forever just dissipating it by heat through the charger.   It can also transfer that power to your power source or the other channel.  So once I charged one battery, i'd put a second battery on the other channel and just transfer power between them.

I figured that was the reason to not use wood.  I'm in the other boat.  I only have modules and didn't have to take apart a pack.  Plus i'm a wood worker and have tons of scrap 3/4 plywood.  I wanted to build them into 6P packs to make it easier to handle.  I figure once the batteries have hit 450F it's time to say 'I dun goofed' and to run for the hills.  I cant imagine the inferno of 58 modules going nuclear.
[diy Wrote:krbyru[/diy] pau1phi11ips]
Can you make a schematic diagram of the wiring. I think that'll help to figure out what you're doing wrong.
It may not be an official schematic diagram but hopefully this explains my current setup

angusc Wrote:
BigDav Wrote:We are fully operational. The VRM portal issue was due to a corrupt configuration file which Victron support was able to fix remotely.
I have rewired my Victron so that the AC-In is now connected to the mains and not AC-OUT1 which it states in the manual. I do not have a critical load configuration in my system for now.
With regards the Batrium side of things, I am currently using ESS and not DVCC and it seems to be working as per the batrium specifications.

pau1phi11ips Wrote:Can you make a schematic diagram of the wiring. I think that'll help to figure out what you're doing wrong.
I will get a schematic diagram drawn up soon and posted here

Hi BigDav,
Any update on your wiring schematic?  I'm also about to embark on a similar system using up to 48 x LEAF batteries, Victron Multi-Plus II GX and Batrium WotchMon Plus. What are your thoughts on the "best" battery voltage to configure the LEAF batteries and also the Batrium Plus rather than using the WM4 with LeafMon?

Looking forward to your next updates Smile
 Here is my current schematic diagram. It may not be perfect but you get the idea

ispookie666 likes this post
Battery Capacity: 14kwh  = 28x 2011 Nissan eNV200/Leaf Gen1 Modules (14s4p) with Victron Multiplus II GX 48/3000 AC Coupled Inverter
Solar Capacity: 3.18kwh = 12x REC 265PE BLK Solar Panels with SolarEdge SE4000 Inverter
The build continues... I have just secured a 2014 Gen2 full battery pack (48 modules) with 88% SOH. (Gen1 cells are approx 70%)
I also have bought a single Gen2 battery on ebay so that I can make a 14s7p pack.
My Gen2 pack in currently in the back of a van on its way to me as I type. Its going to be interesting disassembling the pack and dealing with almost 400v