Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!
How do,

I found this forum googling about capacity testing used 18650's after a read i wanted to join Cool
I'm in a lucky position where my old boss owns a pc shop and so far i've had 15 laptop batterys from him free of charge,  so far i've made a 3s3p pack with a 10A BMS, i used this to power some amateur radio equipment for around two and a half hours with a current draw upto 7A.

Now i'm building a 3s12p pack for my 100w radio for portable field communications.

my capacity testing equipment is very humble, just a ZB2L3 board with some large resistors mounted on a old cpu cooler, for charging i employ some cheapo tp4056's most cells have been around 1900mah, i've had some good LG cells with 2600mah.

I will be sure to post more pictures of my equipment and my battery packs as i go Smile
Have fun Banzi.

There are quite a few hamradio guys on the forum.
Enjoy the built and collection of 18650s.

73s
ON7RU

How do,

I found this forum googling about capacity testing used 18650's after a read i wanted to join Cool
I'm in a lucky position where my old boss owns a pc shop and so far i've had 15 laptop batterys from him free of charge,  so far i've made a 3s3p pack with a 10A BMS, i used this to power some amateur radio equipment for around two and a half hours with a current draw upto 7A.

Now i'm building a 3s12p pack for my 100w radio for portable field communications.

my capacity testing equipment is very humble, just a ZB2L3 board with some large resistors mounted on a old cpu cooler, for charging i employ some cheapo tp4056's most cells have been around 1900mah, i've had some good LG cells with 2600mah.

I will be sure to post more pictures of my equipment and my battery packs as i go Smile
[/quote]
Welcome Banzi,
73's
SA6DAZ
Darren
Follow my Powerwall journey here: 
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjXT8KJnEzo-DJHFRR1W8jg

Building the following:
20kWh Powerwall
8kW Solar
30kW Heating system
Thanks franky looks like a place with lots of reading !

Cheers darren nice to see another ham.

73's
Adam
2E0FML
The Kilowatt Challenge likes this post