Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DIYBMS v4 thoughts
I just completed the JLCPCB assembly route, production takes about 3 days and shipping about 7 days. My package is underway.

Please note that version 4.21 is now the recommended version:
https://community.openenergymonitor.org/...u=chmistry
BuffaloPowerWall and Batteriapan like this post
Adam Welch posted a build video today featuring the v4 boards.

chmistry likes this post
(03-30-2020, 12:16 PM)Panozguy Wrote: Has anyone here done the JLCPCB assembly route recently?  I'd like to give this one a try - was wondering what your experience was with their work, pricing, shipping times, etc.  I can solder pretty well by hand, but these parts are just too small for my vision.  Thanks!

I'm interested in this too. Perhaps a joint order?
Adam Welch just uploaded a new video how to flash the diyBMS modules.

Patalhetas likes this post
I too have just ordered a pre assembled set of monitor and controller boards. The only parts I need to put on are the headers, connectors, LED for the controller and the Wemos, and the ATTiny841 SSU for the monitors. The boards haven't arrived yet, they're still in the mail. As my battery sank below 12.4 volts, I decided it was time to whip up a balance cable, and hook it to the hobby charger (which has a LiFePo4 Balance charge program) to get it back up to a decent start of charge, so the balancer boards when they're built and fitted, can finish the job.

Charging a 180Ah LiFePo4 with a hobby charger limited to 5A (crap cables, no problem for the charger to do 20A), is painfully slow Wink
anybody organising a group buy for Europe?
Or have spares to sell..
Patalhetas likes this post
buying from jcbpcb it's really simple and group buy seems pointless ?
Ibiza likes this post
It may seem like that, but once you factor in overwhelmed national customs in some countries it starts to make sense to organise a group buy in a country where that isn't an issue, and then distribute them locally.
Plus Jcbpcb makes you buy extra, not enough for another system, but way too much for just a few spares.
Sorry for the noob question, but how can I order these boards preassembled from JLCPCB? I know I can upload the gerber files for the boards, but how to go from there?
Thanks!
(06-26-2020, 12:54 PM)sunseeker Wrote: Sorry for the noob question, but how can I order these boards preassembled from JLCPCB? I know I can upload the gerber files for the boards, but how to go from there?
Thanks!

Stuart has a new video on ordering PCBs.