Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DIYBMS v4 thoughts
Apart from the Question on how to order the preassembed modules on JLCPCB, which is now clear to me (thanks to @IronSky), I had the problem that the BOM and CPL files are not part of the git repository on GitHub. They seem to only be included in the zip file.
So since I went the developers way of cloning a repository using the git clone command, I just couldn't find them in my local folder.
Now it's all good and the modules are ordered, apart from the ATTINY841-SSU ICs, that weren't available. I ordered them seperately and will have to solder them on myself.

If someone is looking for the hint that helped me, there is a switch below the form where one has to upload the gerber files zip, it says "Free SMT Assembly for your PCB order". If you activate this, the order wizard will ask for the BOM and CPL file from the zip. Just choose the appropriate quantities for controller and the modules, the rest can stay on default values. On the final page it will tell you if all parts are available. As mentioned above, the ATTINY were missing for me.
(07-03-2020, 01:41 PM)BuffaloPowerWall Wrote:
(06-26-2020, 12:54 PM)sunseeker Wrote: Sorry for the noob question, but how can I order these boards preassembled from JLCPCB? I know I can upload the gerber files for the boards, but how to go from there?
Thanks!

Stuart has a new video on ordering PCBs. 

Followed the video, ordered with prepaid duties (nice to avoid the portuguese customs while still paying legal fees)on the 4th of July. Was produced and assembled, left china on the 9th, shipped via Germany where it arrived on the 10th, went on a sightseeing tour and was delivered in the european distribution center on the 17th... where it still sits, must be waiting for other orders till the stage coach that comes westbound monthly gets full.
[Image: dois-vaqueiros-em-um-clipart-do-stagecoa...568514.jpg]

Now, when you guys don't undestand when I asked about an european group buy, please remember that this happens a lot for some periferal countries within the EU.
and it's here! Smile 
Already halfway populating the remaining components, some are due to arrive today as well

I'll have 3 extra controller pcbs that I don't need, if somebody wants them let me know.
Patalhetas likes this post
(07-27-2020, 02:04 PM)gigaz Wrote: and it's here! Smile 
Already halfway populating the remaining components, some are due to arrive today as well

I'll have 3 extra controller pcbs that I don't need, if somebody wants them let me know.

Hi gigaz,
this extra controller pcbs are components assembled ?