PIP 5048 Inverter fault 52

raiedzewar

Hi
I have a 5048 solar inverter that got an error of 09 so I tried to solve the issue using the service manual procedure. So I got 2 IGBIT shorted , so I replaced them all 4 with 4 new ones and then the fault changed to 52 which is (bus voltage is too low ). Can any one help with this fault and what should I check and replace components?

This is the mainboard looks like

image_cohmvf.jpg

image_hbbams.jpg

Check for swollen caps, the round ones. It could be your two main ones.

The MG is pretty new. No warranty or?

I did checked the capacitors they are not poped and they hold a charge

This inverter is out of warranty, it has been working for more than a year , the seller giving 1 y warranty

The major problem buying cheap :) They fail and you dont get help :D

I cant help im afraid. I had same issue with my big one and had to replace several boards for alot of money :(

It isn't cheap , it has been fail because of a spark in battery connection wire , it did run good till I got this spark due to weak connection in dc breaker

the fault 09 is switched to 52 after I replaced the igbits which they got 2 shorted , so i replaced them all (4 pcs). I checked the driver diodes the mosfet and the capacitors seem to be ok comparing its readings with service manual. How should I fix this 52 issue? Can you help me ?

Its for sure cheap gear. Comparing to certified proper gear MPP cost nothing. Its like 1/3rd of the price and you get what you pay for. I would have loved buying proper gear and would have gotten 5-10 year warranty with support. Unfortunately i cheaped out to and bought above.

For some it works. For some time it work. But when it fails =)

A proper gear does not break down due to a "spark"

And back to topic. Im not sure about error 52 on that model so cant help much but on my modell the software was callibrated towards the driver board and had to reconfig the driver board in the software. Dont know if the new MG modell have this "feature" as well?

I started a discussion on how to deal with and solve problems with the PIP devices.
We started there with error 09.
But it is now a collection of all problems hardware from the PIP.

Someone will be able to help you or you will already find the solution there in the news.
also for problem 52.

More information can be found at http://forums.aeva.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=6007

Back