Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I bought a firebomb off ebay!!!
beware that not many people knows what is useable or not im afraid Smile They may determine a hole in the cell as useable as example
The Ultimate DIY Solar and build place
YouTube / Forum system setup / My webpage  Diy Tech & Repairs

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 100kWh LiFePo4 | 20kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly | ABB S3 and S5 Trip breakers
Upcoming: 14S 18650~30kWh
(01-31-2020, 11:25 AM)daromer Wrote: beware that not many people knows what is useable or not im afraid Smile They may determine a hole in the cell as useable as example

This may be true, but doesn't make it less for having sold something incorrectly. But I do agree with you completely.

I also agree with Oz. The wording implies the cells are able to be reused, but just not in battery pack form.
Proceed with caution. Knowledge is Power! Literally! Cool 
Knowledge is Power; Absolute Knowledge is Absolutely Shocking!
Certified 18650 Cell Reclamation Technician

Please come join in general chit-chat and randomness at Discord Chat (channels: general, 3d-printing, linux&coding, 18650, humor, ...)
(this chat is not directly affiliated with SecondLifeStorage; VALID email req'd)
It is not sold incorrectly from a legal view unless the seller know about the aspect of the holes Causing the cells to be useless.

The seller havent clearly done it wrong. Once again this is very Common and we can all agree in that they are useless... But.. legal aspects is not consider what it should be but what is written and IF he didnt know...

I have Read the ad several Times now and its about intepretating IF a meassured capacity determines IF the cell is Good or not. In My world it doesnt state that...

But you should Still fight it of course bad of the Hole part doesnt Pan out retest capacity too...

As Said the spare parts and not working is dangerous...... I have Lost 100s of dollars due to it and know many that have.

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 100kWh LiFePo4 | 20kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly | ABB S3 and S5 Trip breakers
In Australia, we can rely on the details in the advertisement being accurate.
If the advertiser is mistaken then it is the advertisers problem, not the buyer.
In Australia I believe that stating a capacity means it can be used for the stated capacity.
If it cannot be used for that capacity (because it 8s dangerous) then the ad is misleading/deceptive.
This would be seen as the fault of the seller.
Plus one on Korishan!
His quote:
You have several grounds to fighting back with eBay. He shipped damaged/leaking cells without proper packaging. This is "ILLEGAL". He didn't label the outside of the box. This is "ILLEGAL". He says the cells are functional and can be used. This is a "LIE" and "UNSAFE". You can NEVER EVER use a cell that has the shell casing compromised. From a safety perspective, this is a fire waiting to happen.
The eBay arbitrator is unlikely to be an expert with batteries or chemistry, so probably best to keep it simple to see (pics) and google basic facts for confirmation. Perhaps something like this:

The sender punctured the lithium-ion battery cells during his/her bungled disassembly, so that toxic and flammable lithium-ion electrolyte was leaking. S/he failed to disclose this material fact in the ad or to the carrier, and basically sold & sent hazardous waste in a dangerous and illegal manner. You are outraged to have been exposed to toxic gases upon opening the package.
Korishan and Bubba like this post
Modular PowerShelf using 3D printed packs.  50kWh and growing.
https://secondlifestorage.com/showthread.php?tid=6458
But shipment done illegal dont get you money back. Its just waste of time.

Ajw22 is proper action. The other wont do any good