Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batrium Watchmon4 in Node Red
(06-26-2020, 02:51 PM)Cell-King Wrote: Interesting. If it happens when you are syncing the longmons (the "Device Sync" button), the page states that there is no monitoring during that step so maybe the UDP listener is seeing no value or NaN and sending that to Influx?
That's a possibility but I was not doing a sync at 10PM at night. Unless the Batrium in its infinite wisdom did it.

I just initiated a sync and that's the trace  Pack 1 drops to 0V for 1 sec and pack 2 to ~3.7V all others stay the same.

Nothing like the 6 minutes of no data as in the other charts.

Wolf
For Info Google Drive

Great ABB shunt breaker seller River City Industrial
Great prices and superb service.
 [Image: em2566%20(1)__19172.1521541365.jpg?c=2]

Not your average Wolf       
            Cool
Hey Guys, thanks to @Wolf and this post I put together a bit of a walk-through. Let me know your thoughts. Hopefully it helps any newcomers.
It covers off on the following:

Grafana Install
Influx Install
Node-Red Install
  - binary-parser
  - influx
  - dashboard-ui
Configure all elements
Home Assistant Embed of Grafana

https://dirtyoptics.com/batrium-integrat...assistant/
Solardad likes this post
Just a quick note that this thread helped me get up and running on my Synology NAS

Batrium Watchmon 4 > NODE RED > influxdb > grafana

now that I am hooked i want more...!
going to start with bringing in my iotawatt sense data next into influxdb then into grafana

from there i am thinking about weather data / sensors. anyone bringing in this type of data for analysis?
my thought is to leverage for instance a 'solar irradiance' value to control a pool pump ex. high irradiance then increase the rpms.

has anyone looked into the difference of node-red vs maybe home assistant for that scenario?

Thanks
(Yesterday, 07:07 PM)Solardad Wrote: ................going to start with bringing in my iotawatt sense data next into influxdb then into grafana

from there i am thinking about weather data / sensors. anyone bringing in this type of data for analysis?
my thought is to leverage for instance a 'solar irradiance' value to control a pool pump ex. high irradiance then increase the rpms.

has anyone looked into the difference of node-red vs maybe home assistant for that scenario?

Thanks
Congratulations on getting your watchman 4 data to influx and grafana.

IoTaWatt is easy as it supports influx natively as you already know.

For Open weather in node red all you need to do is set up a http request node with your access string once you sign up for a free API key. After that a little code and you can push that info to influx.

Local specific data can be done with an ESP32 or equivalent with a BME280 (temp/humidity/baro) and a TSL2561 (lux) sensors.
Arduino code can push this info to an influx database also.

Wolf
Solardad likes this post
For Info Google Drive

Not your average Wolf       
            Cool
Just use the built in open weather map palette and direct to influx output. No need to complicate it Wink
Solardad likes this post
NOTE! My links supplied in this message may be affiliated with Ebay and by clicking on them you agree on the terms.
YouTube / Forum system setup / My webpage  Diy Tech & Repairs

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 100kWh LiFePo4 | 20kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly | ABB S3 and S5 Trip breakers
Upcoming: 14S 18650~30kWh
(Yesterday, 09:31 PM)daromer Wrote: Just use the built in open weather map palette and direct to influx output. No need to complicate it Wink
True but how else are you going to learn node red. Tongue Besides what's the difference whether a http request or an open weather node-red pallet.
You still have to run the JSON data through a function node to get it palatable for influx.
So as far as the flow is concerned I could just plug the open weather node into my flow and it would work the same. 
The only difference is 1 node all the rest stays the same . Big Grin
Oh and for us imperialists' if you use the open Weather node you need to convert °C to °F  and metric to imperial in a function node which if you do a http request you don't need to as its in the format of the request. I like to keep things uncomplicated. Tongue
https://api.openweathermap.org/data/2.5/onecall?lat="YOUR LAT HERE"&lon="YOUR LONG HERE"&units=imperial&appid="YOUR API KEY HERE"
All done
Wolf

For Info Google Drive

Not your average Wolf       
            Cool
To many People install node red and starts to write functions. Actually, most functions exist as palettes IF done correctly.
Smile
NOTE! My links supplied in this message may be affiliated with Ebay and by clicking on them you agree on the terms.
YouTube / Forum system setup / My webpage  Diy Tech & Repairs

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 100kWh LiFePo4 | 20kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly | ABB S3 and S5 Trip breakers
Upcoming: 14S 18650~30kWh
(6 hours ago)daromer Wrote: To many People install node red and starts to write functions. Actually, most functions exist as palettes IF done correctly.
Smile
So what are you saying? Is there a palette to custom tune Openweather to my liking? I haven't found one. I also haven't found a custom palette for Watchmon 4. But thanks to all your initial hard work and Tim aka "Bloater" we have a working flow. Smile That flow did a lot of heavy lifting but it still didn't post to an influx db. I haven't found a node that compiled all the data and did that.
So yes there are generic plugin palets and nodes for a lot of stuff but when you want to step out of the box and break free from the shackles of confinement you need to write some functions, or create your own node pallet.
Now mind you this is coming from a guy that didnt know what node-red was 2 years ago so what do I know.............. I just go with the flow.

Wolf
For Info Google Drive

Not your average Wolf       
            Cool