Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pouch batteries
Hi Guys I'm trying to match these 3.7v 8ah 200a lith ion pouch cell with my 48 v Chevy volt batteries I would appreciate the help thanks Leon
Moved due to wrong submission location.
Proceed with caution. Knowledge is Power! Literally! Cool 
Knowledge is Power; Absolute Knowledge is Absolutely Shocking!
Certified 18650 Cell Reclamation Technician

Please come join in general chit-chat and randomness at Discord Chat (channels: general, 3d-printing, linux&coding, 18650, humor, ...)
(this chat is not directly affiliated with SecondLifeStorage; VALID email req'd)
(02-11-2020, 04:07 AM)Leon240d Wrote: Hi Guys  I'm trying to match these  3.7v 8ah 200a lith ion pouch cell with my 48 v Chevy volt batteries I would appreciate the help  thanks Leon

Since the chemistry (Li-Ion) is basically the same, you can treat them the same electrically (charge/discharge voltages, etc), and monitor them with the same type of BMS. 
Did you have something in particular about them you're not sure about?
Running off solar, DIY & electronics fan :-)
Korishan, where did u move this to
It's in "Battery Pack Design, Planning, and Building"
(02-11-2020, 04:07 AM)Leon240d Wrote: Hi Guys  I'm trying to match these  3.7v 8ah 200a lith ion pouch cell with my 48 v Chevy volt batteries I would appreciate the help  thanks Leon

What exactly is the question that you would like help with? Are you asking how to connect them together?
Korishan likes this post
Um I’m in battery pack design now and it says it was moved due towrong submission location.. maybe it was moved here from somewhere else?
So the pouches are Li-Ion same as the chevy volt individual cells right?
The Chevy volt units have two Li-ion cells in series with a "center tap" (I think, someone confirm pls!)
So you match the cells count, eg 7 x Chevy units = 14 "cells" series stack
= 14 pouches
Was that your question?
(02-25-2020, 03:44 AM)Doin it Wrote: Korishan, where did u move this to

(02-26-2020, 02:18 AM)Doin it Wrote: Um I’m in battery pack design now and it says it was moved due towrong submission location.. maybe it was moved here from somewhere else?

I moved it from DIY Battery Project Builds as this is a question about pack design, not build progress. Not sure why it makes such a difference as it was the OP's mistake, whom has yet to make any more comments on this thread. The OP knows where they submitted it at originally, and that's who my first reply was directed at.

And to see where it currently is at, you only need to look at the link tree at the top of the page.
Proceed with caution. Knowledge is Power! Literally! Cool 
Knowledge is Power; Absolute Knowledge is Absolutely Shocking!
Certified 18650 Cell Reclamation Technician

Please come join in general chit-chat and randomness at Discord Chat (channels: general, 3d-printing, linux&coding, 18650, humor, ...)
(this chat is not directly affiliated with SecondLifeStorage; VALID email req'd)