Pouch batteries

Leon240d

Hi Guys I'm trying to match these 3.7v 8ah 200a lith ion pouch cell with my 48 v Chevy volt batteries I would appreciate the help thanks Leon

Moved due to wrong submission location.

Leon240d said:
Hi Guys I'm trying to match these 3.7v 8ah 200a lith ion pouch cell with my 48 v Chevy volt batteries I would appreciate the help thanks Leon

Since the chemistry (Li-Ion) is basically the same, you can treat them the same electrically (charge/discharge voltages, etc), and monitor them with the same type of BMS.
Did you have something in particular about them you're not sure about?

It's in "Battery Pack Design, Planning, and Building"

Um Im in battery pack design now and it says it was moved due towrong submission location.. maybe it was moved here from somewhere else?

So the pouches are Li-Ion same as the chevy volt individual cells right?
The Chevy volt units have two Li-ion cells in series with a "center tap" (I think, someone confirm pls!)
So you match the cells count, eg 7 x Chevy units = 14 "cells" series stack
= 14 pouches
Was that your question?

Doin it said:
Korishan, where did u move this to

Doin it said:
Um Im in battery pack design now and it says it was moved due towrong submission location.. maybe it was moved here from somewhere else?

I moved it from DIY Battery Project Builds as this is a question about pack design, not build progress. Not sure why it makes such a difference as it was the OP's mistake, whom has yet to make any more comments on this thread. The OP knows where they submitted it at originally, and that's who my first reply was directed at.

And to see where it currently is at, you only need to look at the link tree at the top of the page.

Back