Hmm, Inverter / Charge controller ?! Fronius?

Mubaslat

Hi there!
First post, I think?! :huh:

I'm thinking about building a p-wall and so on, I have nothing but cells right now.

The thing is that I have contact with a local installer, that have no expereince when it comes to battery banks. So they can only help me with the mounting of the PV-system and then I have to look for a good inverter/charge controller that they will connect to the system. And then I might connect the my p-wall when it is ready for connection.

The make that they are using is Fronius, so they will have Fronius GEN24 available this summer for example, do you guys have any experience of Fronius? Good/bad?!
- And, from what I can see it "only" supports input voltage between 160-700V, not around 48V.

Thanks!
Regards,
Anders.

Mubaslat said:
Hi there!
First post, I think?! :huh:

I'm thinking about building a p-wall and so on, I have nothing but cells right now.

The thing is that I have contact with a local installer, that have no expereince when it comes to battery banks. So they can only help me with the mounting of the PV-system and then I have to look for a good inverter/charge controller that they will connect to the system. And then I might connect the my p-wall when it is ready for connection.

The make that they are using is Fronius, so they will have Fronius GEN24 available this summer for example, do you guys have any experience of Fronius? Good/bad?!
- And, from what I can see it "only" supports input voltage between 160-700V, not around 48V.

Thanks!
Regards,
Anders.
Hey there and welcome!

There are 2 key voltage ranges....
* The incoming PV array. You can put panels in series (easily) to get any voltage range you need. A 300w panel will have a voltage of around 35-40v, so 3 in series is 105v - 120v and 6 in series is 210v to 240v type of thing.
* In hybrid (and off-grid) the battery bank voltage - and you're right if I'm interpreting their spec sheet correctly....

image_ezrbwc.jpg

It looks like they want thebattery in the 160v - 500v ranage.

So maybe you want to keep looking?

OffGridInTheCity said:
Hey there and welcome!

* The incoming PV array. You can put panels in series (easily) to get any voltage range you need. A 300w panel will have a voltage of around 35-40v, so 3 in series is 105v - 120v and 6 in series is 210v to 240v type of thing.
* In hybrid (and off-grid) the battery bank voltage - and you're right if I'm interpreting their spec sheet correctly....

image_ezrbwc.jpg

Hi, thanks!
Yes thats right, it was the battery bank voltagethat I was talking about, that made me think that this might not be an option for me unfortunatly. :(

Mubaslat said:
OffGridInTheCity said:
Hey there and welcome!

image_ezrbwc.jpg

Hi, thanks!
Yes thats right, it was the battery bank voltagethat I was talking about, that made me think that this might not be an option for me unfortunatly. :(
I understand. I personally think 48v (nominal) is a better choice because so much equipment is oriented that way - which means more options and easier to share info with others. But you know - there's nothing technically 'wrong' with a high voltage battery setup. Also, I'm US and don't have an feel for Sweden eletrical norms. Perhaps @Daromer (Sweden based and top expert)will comment and point you in a good direction:)

Back