Batrium cumulus configuration howto

HughF

Does anyone know if there is a howto out there for configuring the batrium cumulus web front end? Adding devices, configurations required on the toolkit end etc...

Thingspeak is nice, but cumulus looks nicer. It would be great if it didn't need a host machine running the toolkit software too.

There is a link to the web portal on their new website, you can create an account and add devices...

I've registered an account, I'll see if I can add my device.

I've asked for an update on the planned rollout of Cumulus. I have just upgraded my Outback system to a new Mate3S which supports their Cloud based control and visualisation system. I don't know how I managed without it and would really like the same ability from the BMS.

image_qgzhah.jpg

image_lhyffs.jpg

Dragging this thread into the current.... Is Cumulus up and running yet?

I've just updated to the latest Alpha version of the firmware - they are working very hard on making it work and work well.

…Still waiting… just visibility at first would be nice, even if it’s not control.

I just went ahead and set up a VNC viewer into my desktop to be able to view desktop app remotely.

…Still waiting… just visibility at first would be nice, even if it’s not control.

I just went ahead and set up a VNC viewer into my desktop to be able to view desktop app remotely.
This is what I do, and it works well (also use the computer to record some cameras and Chia farm so worth 24/7 operation of a decent computer. My Intel Nuc finally died a few weeks ago after 4 years of full time operation

There hasn't been a Batrium blog update in well over 12 months.
The software hasn't had an official update since: 20th December 2021
The SSL certificate on their support site https://support.batrium.com expired on the 10th of October 2022 and hasn't been renewed.
The link to the preview software link in the Watchmon -> Tools -> Application Updater -> Download is dead (v2.17.25.0)

I wish they would interact with the community more.

to download right click copy link, paste it into the browser, I can confirm the software is being very actively worked on and tested in the field.

Alpha release is only slightly higher #27 so perhaps was a bug causing it to be pulled?

What’s the latest on this?

About to move over from my diy setup to a seplos vertical, and wondering if I should build it out with the seplos bms or stuff the batrium in there…

What’s the latest on this?

About to move over from my diy setup to a seplos vertical, and wondering if I should build it out with the seplos bms or stuff the batrium in there…
I'd move away from Batrium based on their inability / refusal to support their own products, let alone deliver stuff they promised years ago. Their promise that I'd be able to see my system online or through the cloud was a major point for me, and years later it's still vaporware. While the Batrium BMS works, there's a very large part of me that says I never got what I paid quite a lot of money for.

I'm (very slowly) working on a DIYBMS setup for my next pack. It's been a fun and educational project.

Cheers, John

I must admit, i have been running with my contactor wired up to a switched 12v live for the last 2 years, as I can’t expect my wm4/cellmon network to go up the swanny and disconnect my contactor for no other reason than the cellmon network has timed out.

Stupid choice of connectors, stupid choice of packaging.

Back