G'day from the Adelaide Plains, South Australia

Keith V.

Just wanted to check in and say Hello.

Been off grid, stand alone Solar for a bit over 7 years now.
The steepest learning curve I've ever experienced in my life, still learning, still enhancing the system, but the end result is that Solar works, brilliantly.
Still asking questions, still looking for answers, I guess that's part of living on Solar.

I like the way you're going, lithium wasn't an option when I first started.
When I set up my first system it was panels to controller to battery bank to inverter to AC for the house.
Eventually that became more and bigger inverters and more batteries.

Now I'm running panels to a controller/ inverter which supplies all the power to the house and charges the batteries as well.

The attraction of lithium for me is that you can take them down to almost 0% SOC as I understand it, whereas the SLA's I'm running now really don't like going below 80% SOC, which is a constant battle between supply and demand.

Anyway, my main concern is to make sure there's enough power to run the coffee machine first thing in the morning, if that woman I'm married to doesn't get her coffee first thing she's not worth living with, she doesn't care about SLA's, Lithium or state of charge, she wants coffee and don't get in her way.

There's worse things there than that! desert Taipans. Port supporters.....

Back