Strange 3.6v cell

powerX

Hello today out of original DELL laptop battery harvested a strange batteries.
Instead of 3.7v they are 3.6v :|

As well can't find any information about them.

Can i mix them with the rest 3.7v cells?

image_agktrd.jpg

Same same kind of. Some say 3.6, some say 3.7 and some are 3.65. yes you can mix Them. With that Said they are tad different but for normal useage that doesnt matter

Usually, 3.7 means it's a normal current cell, while 3.6 is the rating for high current ones (power tool cells).

found these in hoverboards, could not find any thing about them to... mine rated 2200mah they all tested 2100+

your biggest concern when building a powerwall is that the end State of Charge is identical. In this case, most lithium cells (including the ones you have) have a final voltage of 4.2v. So yes, you cna mix them.

1st off, 3.6V cells and 3.7V cells have different discharge curves. I feel like I'm the only one that really pays attention to that on this forum, but just look at Wolf's threads on the interaction between cells in parallel and you can see it makes a difference. Laptop cells can be 3.6V, 3.7V, or even 3.85V nominal, Power tool cells can be 3.6V or 3.7V. Nominal voltage doesn't tell you the chemical makeup of the cell.

2nd, I have had a Dell pack with Lishen cells in it, with a proper dell BMS and nickel stripping. Usually you can tell the fakes by their internals, but I do believe Dell used Chinese cells on some of their ultra-budget laptops.

Back