Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need inverter that meets my systems requirements
Thx for looking,, kinda came to the same results. Found a few Chinese inverters that are actually for 60v packs but might not be as good of quality and who knows when I’d actually receive it..

did find this one although its not low frequency but runs up to 66v.. ofcourse the 2500w version of Cotek only takes 62v max for some odd reason

This one operates up to 68v but no dongle- communication port, also not quite enough watts. Any victron that produces more watts than this one seems to only supply 220v output which wont work for me

This one same as victron in cost and specs

And this one is for 60v batteries up to 70v and certainly cheap enough, if I was going to get this one it’s so cheap I probably would get the 3000w with 6000w surge (for 300$) instead of the 1500w

Having more luck after hrs of searching...

Offgridinthecity, If I get one of the last 2 inverters? They are cheaper and therefore not as well made as magnum outback etc so I’d only use the inverter at half of its rated capacity due to them not being a better low frequency design
Do you wanna gamble with those cheap inverters? Wouldnt it be easier to revisist what i would consider your main issue? Wrong voltage of the batteries from the start? :=)

With that said Victron itself generally can do 60+ and you can always skip charging fully up
The Ultimate DIY Solar and build place
YouTube / Forum system setup / My webpage  Diy Tech & Repairs

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 100kWh LiFePo4 | 20kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly | ABB S3 and S5 Trip breakers
Upcoming: 14S 18650~30kWh
Daromer, those cheaper Chinese models are actually designed for 60v not 48v, also victron outback magnum Cotek (48v inverters) and a few others can take from 66-69v max, but as I said earlier I will only be using this inverter when there’s a power outage or if shit hits the fan, it might not ever get used, and if it does get used it would only be for a small blower fan small water pump (for wood boiler) and small freezer, which combined they use roughly 1300 constant watts..

I chose 16s li-ion battery voltage due to both of my grid tie inverters operating voltage of 45-90v and 16s put my battery banks voltage right where it needs to be for best efficiency out of those inverters., 72v would have been better for these grid tie inverters but I understood that there wasn’t barely any offgrid inverters that would work with 72v so I chose 16s lithium.. top voltage that I will charge the 16s packs to is 65.6v which can be used for atleast 6 different brands of inverters.. I cannot change battery voltage now, nor do I want to because I want the better efficiency-less amps the higher voltage pack offers.. also before I purchased the batteries for my grid tie inverters I checked to make sure that there was off grid inverters that use this voltage because I know I was going to get an offgrid inverter for just in case as well.

Now (with the help of offgridinthecity) we have figured out how to get around not having controllable voltage shutoff parameters by turning the inverters rocker switch off via relay and charge controller sensing battery voltage, so high volt-amps don’t have to be switched.. this allows me to use 48v offgrid inverters that have a max operating voltage of 66-69v. Examples of inverters that output 110v and input 66v minimum are; outback, magnum, Cotek and a few others,, but like I explained I can’t justify spending that kind of cash on something that rarely-maybe never get used..
so I’m now thinking about getting the cheaper inverter in the last pick that is rated for 6000w but only use it for much lower wattage since it’s not made as good and is not low frequency.. another reason for using the inverter in the last pick is that I will not have to take away from the capacity of my battery bank-“skip charging to full”.. I could actually charge battery to 65.6v to get better capacity and still be well within the 60v (not 48v) inverters volt range,, which I could also do with some of the 48v inverters (with higher voltage range than other 48v inverters) that are more pricey but I just explained why that’s probably not the most reasonable option considering the limited usage and probably not the best thing to be at the very top of a 48v inverters operating voltage
Daromer to be clear i use my grid tie inverters 24/7, if I was going fully offgrid or if I would be using the off grid inverter more than 2 or 3 times a year for a power outage then I would absolutely NOT trust the cheaper inverters

Considering all of this I believe my best choice is one of these 3 inverters..

Which one do yas think I should use? Idk if the 2000w Cotek will handle the start up surge of the freezer, blower, and pump
I would have put the 48v 1200watt victron as an option aswell but I don’t think 1200 watts is going to be enough, any victron that produces more watts than that is 220v output, I need 110v
48v is nominal low end. Its generally 40-58vdc and today Up to 60vdc and 64 due to lithium. Smile

Cotek is crap to My experience .
The first One maaaaany have had fail after some weeks.
The middle One i dont know. No you xperience in it.

Btw victron easy have 4* surge. Cotek and chinese dont Smile

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 100kWh LiFePo4 | 20kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly | ABB S3 and S5 Trip breakers
(03-22-2020, 04:46 PM)daromer Wrote: 48v is nominal low end. Its generally 40-58vdc and today Up to 60vdc and 64 due to lithium. Smile

Cotek is crap to My experience .
The first One maaaaany have had fail after some weeks.
The middle One i dont know. No you xperience in it.

Btw victron easy have 4* surge. Cotek and chinese dont Smile
Are most of the fails from the 1st pic (reliable) when user tries to get max output out of the inverter? I’m thinking if I was to get one of the first 2 pics I would only use it up to half it’s continuous wattage output, trying to not push them hard at all. Would that offset them not being well made at all? I wonder if anyone had failures with the 1st pic if they were only babying the inverter like I would do operating the inverter at half it’s rated continuous watts?

The highest output victron is only 1200w. If they made an 1800w or more victron that produced 110v then I think it would be enough power for the loads I need it for.
I have seen them dying in various scenarios. I have not used them myself but have been asked to test them but several times said no due to way to many videos and threads regarding how bad they are. For instance their 60+VDC version they had was using caps rated for 60VDC max. Not very good when they state they should handle 64VDC and such. Some bought the 3kw and it die during normal 500w load. When they tried going over 2500w normal load (resistive) it just shut down due to overload.

With that said they do claim their latest versions have improved and work "better" but make sure to not buy the first versions (sold cheaper)

Victron and 110V is out of my league im afraid. Dont know anything there. (Im europe alka 230VAC guy)

(03-22-2020, 10:28 PM)daromer Wrote: I have seen them dying in various scenarios. I have not used them myself but have been asked to test them but several times said no due to way to many videos and threads regarding how bad they are. For instance their 60+VDC version they had was using caps rated for 60VDC max. Not very good when they state they should handle 64VDC and such. Some bought the 3kw and it die during normal 500w load. When they tried going over 2500w normal load (resistive) it just shut down due to overload.

With that said they do claim their latest versions have improved and work "better" but make sure to not buy the first versions (sold cheaper)

Victron and 110V is out of my league im afraid. Dont know anything there. (Im europe alka 230VAC guy)
U said their 60+vdc version uses caps rated 60vdc max,, Are u saying their 48v version (not 60v) has caps rated for 60v? Their 60v model has a voltage range from 42-75v with an over voltage shutdown of 75.5v.

The second pic of the last 3 pics is the one I think I’m going with.. i think it’s the latest version of the reliables.