WZRELB inverters white, black, phat , slim

porrascarlos80

WZRELB inverters white, black, phat , slim

anyone knows the difference between the ones with white cover and the black ones, which ones are good?

any recommendation in regards to low no load current draw ? I would like to test a 5000 w version, what is the actual no load current draw?

I have sent that question to reliable.. trying to figure out which one is their newest version. Also I wonder which case color has the best internal components.

image_idnoal.jpg

image_eybwxu.jpg

Which one is better?
Which one is newer?
Is newer better?
Ive read that sometimes manufacturers put out a good product with better components and sell for a loss but then start using cheaper components later on

Doinit said:
I have sent that question to reliable.. trying to figure out which one is their newest version. Also I wonder which case color has the best internal components.

image_idnoal.jpg

image_eybwxu.jpg

Which one is better?
Which one is newer?
Is newer better?
Ive read that sometimes manufacturers put out a good product with better components and sell for a loss but then start using cheaper components later on
You'll notice that these are 'identical' - same plugs, layout etc.

I would go with "Reliable" as there are many youtubes out there and they do work. I've owned 3 of them myself and destroyed 2 of them.
1st one, I hooked it to house ground (it says to avoid this in docs somewhere) and it blew something - my bad
2nd one (3000w) I hooked to portable 12,000BTU air conditioner - and it BLEW / DEAD-SHORT on battery terminals - very dangerous - good thing I had proper circuit breakers on battery. Partly my badbecause these do not any kind ofhave 'surge' capability but on the other hand, it literally melted to a short inside... the internal fuses did not protect against surge...not good design.
3rd one (1500w) I use in my camping yeti - rarely used, so OK for that purpose :)

Personally - if you're planning to run this inverter day in and day out over multiple years...I would go up to better equipment. But of course that will be much bigger $$.

I asked reliablepower which case color is the newest inverter.., their response the internals are the same in all the case colors
I agree offgridinthecity that these inverters are not good for everyday home usage. For me Im only going to use it during rare power outages

What size inverter do you need? I just bought an AIMS 48v 1500 watt inverter for $300. It should be here in day or two. For that price difference I don't think it is worth buying the chinese. The AIMS has 28w idle draw and is rated for 3000 watt surge. We will see how it does running my fridge!

gpn said:
What size inverter do you need? I just bought an AIMS 48v 1500 watt inverter for $300. It should be here in day or two. For that price difference I don't think it is worth buying the chinese. The AIMS has 28w idle draw and is rated for 3000 watt surge. We will see how it does running my fridge!
gpn, that aims for $300 is a high frequency inverter correct?
Arent aims inverters made in China but with a slightly different case?

image_ylmqse.jpgimage_kldgbk.jpg

These are the same inverters other than the case?

That AIMS is a LF (Low Frequency) inverter. There are many companies that use the same OEM for producing these inverters, so they look similar, but they are not exactly the same. You won't get AIMS quality out of Sungold. I'm not saying Sungold is a bad brand, just that it's not completely identical to AIMS. This is especially true when you start looking at the AIMS models that are ETL tested (to UL standards).

The aims for 300$ he mentioned above is a Lf inverter? Cant be. I think gpn was referring to this one.

image_bgjsgd.jpg

I have been informed by reliable that the black case version of these inverters is the one that has the best surge protection. They also have the newest internal design, which is supposed to be better
]
image_quiypf.jpg

Doinit said:
I have been informed by reliable that the black case version of these inverters is the one that has the best surge protection. They also have the newest internal design, which is supposed to be better

image_hqphbd.jpg

image_ilpawd.jpg

image_quiypf.jpg
These all look the same to me - e.g "Reliable" style. Which means they do NOT have surge capability beyond a few milliseconds. When I 'surged' mine, it resulted in a catastrophicdead short to the battery bank! So I would make sure I had circuit breaker on battery and avoid any surging.

OffGridInTheCity said:
Doinit said:

image_quiypf.jpg
These all look the same to me - e.g "Reliable" style. Which means they do NOT have surge capability beyond a few milliseconds. When I 'surged' mine, it resulted in a catastrophicdead short to the battery bank! So I would make sure I had circuit breaker on battery and avoid any surging.

These inverters in the pics have an internal current sensor (older versions do not) that is supposed to shut down the inverter when surged or overloaded but running them close to max for long periods of time will ofcourse not be sensed as overload and probably still kill them

For sure have circuit breaker on battery using any inverter and avoid surging on these inverters. Going off grid did a good video showing the internals of the new 8000w.

Upgrades the new reliable in pics have; internal current sensor to shut itself down,,, copper bar to handle current,,,, solid heatsink as wide and as long as the entire inverter.

image_wacdtk.jpg

image_nlfwkw.jpg

Current sensor has the blue wire going thru it.
The heatsink is under the entire board.
It has fewer-larger transformers and a copper bar to transfer the current

Back