Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WZRELB inverters white, black, phat , slim
WZRELB inverters white, black, phat , slim

anyone knows the difference between the ones with white cover and the black ones, which ones are good?

any recommendation in regards to low no load current draw ?  I would like to test a 5000 w version, what is the actual no load current draw?

thanks Huh
I have sent that question to reliable.. trying to figure out which one is their newest version. Also I wonder which case color has the best internal components.

Which one is better?
Which one is newer?
Is newer better?
I’ve read that sometimes manufacturers put out a good product with better components and sell for a loss but then start using cheaper components later on
porrascarlos80 likes this post
Nice approach thanks
(03-24-2020, 06:26 PM)Doin it Wrote: I have sent that question to reliable.. trying to figure out which one is their newest version. Also I wonder which case color has the best internal components.

Which one is better?
Which one is newer?
Is newer better?
I’ve read that sometimes manufacturers put out a good product with better components and sell for a loss but then start using cheaper components later on
You'll notice that these are 'identical' - same plugs, layout etc.

I would go with "Reliable" as there are many youtubes out there and they do work.  I've owned 3 of them myself and destroyed 2 of them.
1st one, I hooked it to house ground (it says to avoid this in docs somewhere) and it blew something - my bad
2nd one (3000w) I hooked to portable 12,000BTU air conditioner - and it BLEW / DEAD-SHORT on battery terminals - very dangerous - good thing I had proper circuit breakers on battery.    Partly my bad because these do not any kind of have 'surge' capability but on the other hand, it literally melted to a short inside...   the internal fuses did not protect against surge...  not good design.
3rd one (1500w) I use in my camping yeti - rarely used, so OK for that purpose Smile

Personally - if you're planning to run this inverter day in and day out over multiple years...  I would go up to better equipment.   But of course that will be much bigger $$.
I asked reliablepower which case color is the newest inverter.., their response “the internals are the same in all the case colors”
I agree offgridinthecity that these inverters are not good for everyday home usage. For me I’m only going to use it during rare power outages
What size inverter do you need? I just bought an AIMS 48v 1500 watt inverter for $300. It should be here in day or two. For that price difference I don't think it is worth buying the chinese. The AIMS has 28w idle draw and is rated for 3000 watt surge. We will see how it does running my fridge!
(03-25-2020, 04:31 PM)gpn Wrote: What size inverter do you need? I just bought an AIMS 48v 1500 watt inverter for $300. It should be here in day or two. For that price difference I don't think it is worth buying the chinese. The AIMS has 28w idle draw and is rated for 3000 watt surge. We will see how it does running my fridge!
gpn, that aims for $300 is a high frequency inverter correct?
Aren’t aims inverters made in China but with a slightly different case?

These are the same inverters other than the case?
That AIMS is a LF (Low Frequency) inverter. There are many companies that use the same OEM for producing these inverters, so they look similar, but they are not exactly the same. You won't get AIMS quality out of Sungold. I'm not saying Sungold is a bad brand, just that it's not completely identical to AIMS. This is especially true when you start looking at the AIMS models that are ETL tested (to UL standards).
CHEAP! 2200mAh Sanyo Cells for Salvage, Only $0.17/ea!!
^ Use discount code "BATTERY" for 10% off!
The aims for 300$ he mentioned above is a Lf inverter? Can’t be. I think gpn was referring to this one.
mike likes this post
Oh my mistake, I thought he was referring to the one in the picture. No, that is not an LF inverter. BUT it is UL listed Wink
CHEAP! 2200mAh Sanyo Cells for Salvage, Only $0.17/ea!!
^ Use discount code "BATTERY" for 10% off!