Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WZRELB inverters white, black, phat , slim
I have been informed by reliable that the black case version of these inverters is the one that has the best surge protection. They also have the newest internal design, which is supposed to be better
(Yesterday, 01:59 AM)Doin it Wrote: I have been informed by reliable that the black case version of these inverters is the one that has the best surge protection. They also have the newest internal design, which is supposed to be better
These all look the same to me - e.g "Reliable" style.  Which means they do NOT have surge capability beyond a few milliseconds.  When I 'surged' mine, it resulted in a catastrophic dead short to the battery bank!   So I would make sure I had circuit breaker on battery and avoid any surging.
(Yesterday, 03:24 PM)OffGridInTheCity Wrote:
(Yesterday, 01:59 AM)Doin it Wrote: I have been informed by reliable that the black case version of these inverters is the one that has the best surge protection. They also have the newest internal design, which is supposed to be better
These all look the same to me - e.g "Reliable" style.  Which means they do NOT have surge capability beyond a few milliseconds.  When I 'surged' mine, it resulted in a catastrophic dead short to the battery bank!   So I would make sure I had circuit breaker on battery and avoid any surging.

These inverters in the pics have an internal current sensor (older versions do not) that is supposed to shut down the inverter when surged or overloaded but running them close to max for long periods of time will ofcourse not be sensed as overload and probably still kill them

For sure have circuit breaker on battery using any inverter and avoid surging on these inverters. Going off grid did a good video showing the internals of the new 8000w.

Upgrades the new reliable in pics have; internal current sensor to shut itself down,,, copper bar to handle current,,,, solid heatsink as wide and as long as the entire inverter.

Current sensor has the blue wire going thru it.
The heatsink is under the entire board.
It has fewer-larger transformers and a copper bar to transfer the current