Broke the power jack on one of the opuses

floydR

The Opus slipped out of my hand. must have landed on theconnector cause when I picked it up to check on it. I heard something from inside and it wouldn't power back up. So I took it apart found the The positive (center post) connector broken off it was 11pm. Put everything in a box for later. Maybe I will fix it after things get calmer. I still have 2 working Opus plus 2 on the way.
Later floyd

floydR said:
The Opus slipped out of my hand. must have landed on theconnector cause when I picked it up to check on it. I heard something from inside and it wouldn't power back up. So I took it apart found the The positive (center post) connector broken off it was 11pm. Put everything in a box for later. Maybe I will fix it after things get calmer. I still have 2 working Opus plus 2 on the way.
Later floyd

One of my almost new Opuses developed an internal short in the internal power jack connector. I've been able to replace it with an almost identical pcb connector, but you can also use one intended for a cable, with some wires soldered on the pcb.

I will look around the house for another connector that matches the broken one, but since I only have 320 cells on hand to test plus another 300 coming in a few days I should be able to complete testing this round of cells with out the extra Opus.
Thanks
later floyd

You can get replacement herehttps://www.amazon.com/slp/dc-connectors-pcb/hr8fmb52b6mz6mb

image_rovddb.jpg

Wolf

Back