Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a split phase hybrid inverter (120/240) with 48v battery input 5k+
+1 on Sol-Ark. I just installed Sol-Ark's 12k version and it has been eye opening... The efficiency blows away what I was using in the past, a pair of Sun-GTIL2 and single MPP LV5048 for critical loads. My overall system has a better charge and discharge performance by at least 20% + it is quiet and runs cool! No more jet engine take offs from the basement when the dryer is running... ;-).
(04-30-2020, 01:57 PM)Solardad Wrote: +1 on Sol-Ark. I just installed Sol-Ark's 12k version and it has been eye opening... The efficiency blows away what I was using in the past, a pair of Sun-GTIL2 and single MPP LV5048 for critical loads. My overall system has a better charge and discharge performance by at least 20% + it is quiet and runs cool! No more jet engine take offs from the basement when the dryer is running... ;-).
A youtube personality @Engineer775 (who does larger, professional installs) likes Sol-Ark and there are several youtube where it plays a role if you want to see more about it.   One of the unique features it that it claims to be a 'hardened' inverter - as in EMP protection? - so it seems a popular choice for remote/off-grid installs.  It does seem solid / feature rich but the the prices are pretty hefty.
(04-30-2020, 02:45 PM)OffGridInTheCity Wrote:
(04-30-2020, 01:57 PM)Solardad Wrote: +1 on Sol-Ark. I just installed Sol-Ark's 12k version and it has been eye opening... The efficiency blows away what I was using in the past, a pair of Sun-GTIL2 and single MPP LV5048 for critical loads. My overall system has a better charge and discharge performance by at least 20% + it is quiet and runs cool! No more jet engine take offs from the basement when the dryer is running... ;-).
A youtube personality @Engineer775 (who does larger, professional installs) likes Sol-Ark and there are several youtube where it plays a role if you want to see more about it.   One of the unique features it that it claims to be a 'hardened' inverter - as in EMP protection? - so it seems a popular choice for remote/off-grid installs.  It does seem solid / feature rich but the the prices are pretty hefty.

Yeah - I have seen a few of his installs. The sol-ark does appear to be pricey but once you take a hard look at your system and needs before long you see the benefits. I literally was about to expand my array but just after 1 week of usage in mix weather (cloudy/sun/etc) the performance of the Sol-Ark has me reconsidering if I really need them. The system is that good. Plus if you are state side there is the 26% tax rebate for 2020. I strongly suggest anyone who is looking for a swiss army knife solution (mppt/off grid/hybrid/sell to home/smart loads/ac couple/etc) take a look at this inverter. Here is a decent recap of features: https://youtu.be/GX2VqlJmK0Y
I have this Sigineer 48v/6kW inverter. It works fine for me, but I don't have it connected to the grid; instead, I have it powering some of my loads through a Protran 510C manual transfer switch.

Quote:Don't buy Sigineer - they lie about UL listings.
They don't currently claim their inverters to be UL listed. They also had some fine print that said their inverters are able to be listed under customer brands, which I take to mean they are confident their products could pass testing but the customer would have to bear the cost to test and list. This is a big reason why they're so cheap.
My Wall: 14s100p modular, 49x 165w Solar Frontier CIGS panels, a couple sunnysky MPPT controllers, Sigineer 6kW inverter, Chargery BMS24T

Building 14s 19.5 kWh wall from Samsung SDI 94 Ah cells.