Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best VPN for Netflix?
I want to watch American TV shows, but unfortunately I can't do it because I'm not in the US right now. I wanted to use a free VPN, but unfortunately it didn't help. I saw that one guy watched Netflix using a paid VPN. Can you help me with this? what do I need to do to be able to watch TV shows normally?
(03-25-2020, 03:30 PM)Xianders Wrote: I want to watch American TV shows, but unfortunately I can't do it because I'm not in the US right now. I wanted to use a free VPN, but unfortunately it didn't help. I saw that one guy watched Netflix using a paid VPN. Can you help me with this? what do I need to do to be able to watch TV shows normally?
As a long time development software engineer - I see this "VPN for security" mantra all over the place.    I must point out - that even if you use VPN,  the data of what you watch or buy is not any more protected than just using a regular internet connection.    So personally, I don't see the point of encrypting the a Star Wars movie 'stream' when Netflix will just sell the fact that I bought/rented it from them anyway.
I think the idea of what Xianders is trying to do is watch a US only item that is blocked geographically in the current location they are at. A VPN will allow for this to be over come.

I personally use Windscribe. You can use the free version and can access to a lot of various servers around the world. The paid version can give you further access and unrestricted data transfers.
Free version does have a data limit. Once you hit that limit, you can't use it till the month rollover. I think if you use the link above, you'll get 10GB starting out. Then you get extra GB added to your cap for each referred link. I actually have a second account that is referred by the first. So when I run out of my primary acct, I just switch to the second one and keep on truckin.
Proceed with caution. Knowledge is Power! Literally! Cool 
Knowledge is Power; Absolute Knowledge is Absolutely Shocking!
Certified 18650 Cell Reclamation Technician

Please come join in general chit-chat and randomness at Discord Chat (channels: general, 3d-printing, linux&coding, 18650, humor, ...)
(this chat is not directly affiliated with SecondLifeStorage; VALID email req'd)
I've used PIA for years.  Always reliable, fast and reasonably priced.
Any VPN that supports Netflix is suitable. I use Veepn https://veepn.com/. This is a fairly fast and secure VPN that I use in my daily life. It is not expensive, and if you buy for 3 years, then it is a cheap VPN at all.