Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best VPN for Netflix?
I want to watch American TV shows, but unfortunately I can't do it because I'm not in the US right now. I wanted to use a free VPN, but unfortunately it didn't help. I saw that one guy watched Netflix using a paid VPN. Can you help me with this? what do I need to do to be able to watch TV shows normally?
(03-25-2020, 03:30 PM)Xianders Wrote: I want to watch American TV shows, but unfortunately I can't do it because I'm not in the US right now. I wanted to use a free VPN, but unfortunately it didn't help. I saw that one guy watched Netflix using a paid VPN. Can you help me with this? what do I need to do to be able to watch TV shows normally?
As a long time development software engineer - I see this "VPN for security" mantra all over the place.    I must point out - that even if you use VPN,  the data of what you watch or buy is not any more protected than just using a regular internet connection.    So personally, I don't see the point of encrypting the a Star Wars movie 'stream' when Netflix will just sell the fact that I bought/rented it from them anyway.
I think the idea of what Xianders is trying to do is watch a US only item that is blocked geographically in the current location they are at. A VPN will allow for this to be over come.

I personally use Windscribe. You can use the free version and can access to a lot of various servers around the world. The paid version can give you further access and unrestricted data transfers.
Free version does have a data limit. Once you hit that limit, you can't use it till the month rollover. I think if you use the link above, you'll get 10GB starting out. Then you get extra GB added to your cap for each referred link. I actually have a second account that is referred by the first. So when I run out of my primary acct, I just switch to the second one and keep on truckin.
Proceed with caution. Knowledge is Power! Literally! Cool 
Knowledge is Power; Absolute Knowledge is Absolutely Shocking!
Certified 18650 Cell Reclamation Technician

Please come join in general chit-chat and randomness at Discord Chat (channels: general, 3d-printing, linux&coding, 18650, humor, ...)
(this chat is not directly affiliated with SecondLifeStorage; VALID email req'd)
I've used PIA for years.  Always reliable, fast and reasonably priced.
Any VPN that supports Netflix is suitable. I use Veepn https://veepn.com/. This is a fairly fast and secure VPN that I use in my daily life. It is not expensive, and if you buy for 3 years, then it is a cheap VPN at all.
Big Grin 
I use Nordvpn aswell for netfix, works well for proxying from different countrys.
More spam accounts!
(05-08-2020, 08:43 AM)slimf Wrote: More spam accounts
spam account??

I have fixed number in nord aswell
USA Canada Uk, and most european countries All work well for local content.
and as we are taliking about US content then all works fine.
For the love of god, will someone except these are spam yet? Lots of Zero post wonders with links to the best vpns. I’d report it but can’t work out how on mobile?
(08-14-2020, 09:59 PM)slimf Wrote: For the love of god, will someone except these are spam yet? Lots of Zero post wonders with links to the best vpns. I’d report it but can’t work out how on mobile?

Don't worry slim, we're watching them. I'm quite aware that they are spammers. Over the course of the past week I must have ban hammered at least 50 spammers.

And btw, if you switch the forum from Mobile to Desktop, you can see all the other options. Scroll to the bottom of the page and the last link says "Switch to Full Version". You can switch back to Mobile by using the "Mobile Version" link also at the bottom of the page.
Proceed with caution. Knowledge is Power! Literally! Cool 
Knowledge is Power; Absolute Knowledge is Absolutely Shocking!
Certified 18650 Cell Reclamation Technician

Please come join in general chit-chat and randomness at Discord Chat (channels: general, 3d-printing, linux&coding, 18650, humor, ...)
(this chat is not directly affiliated with SecondLifeStorage; VALID email req'd)