Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charging when it's cheaper
I guys, I have bought the mpp pip 5048mg, and I think it's going to work good with what I have/need.

But for now I'm struggling with the idea that it would be great if there was a way to configure the inverter to charge the battery with the grid at a specific time(I have 50% price cut at night).
This because I don't have wet the pv installed and they won't be enough to charge the battery completely.
Does anyone know if it's possible in the inverter software or in any other way?
Thanks
Be safe - stay at home!
Not with the default software but i found somethin called Solar Patrol that you can schedule when the inverter is on Solar only, Utility and SBU (Solar/Battery/Utility)

I use it to set the inverter to battery via the SBU mode when the power gets expensive and back to grid (with the on grid charging enabled) when the power gets cheaper. works a treat in Winter when my solar cannot keep up with the demand
miguelrgramos likes this post
******Hi My name is Jason and I have SOCD (Solar Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)*******
Current Powerwall - 1400 Cells 7s200p (modular 40p packs) ~ 12kWh of storage     4x 315W Canadian Solar Panels

Working on the next 7s40p packs     ~2.5kWh

Waiting on 2000 Cells of unused Sony vt4 (2000mah 30A) ~ 15kWh      hehehehehe  More Power
(03-27-2020, 12:43 AM)jdeadman Wrote: Not with the default software but i found somethin called Solar Patrol that you can schedule when the inverter is on Solar only, Utility and SBU (Solar/Battery/Utility)

I use it to set the inverter to battery via the SBU mode when the power gets expensive and back to grid (with the on grid charging enabled) when the power gets cheaper. works a treat in Winter when my solar cannot keep up with the demand

Thank you!