Charging when it's cheaper

miguelrgramos

I guys, I have bought the mpp pip 5048mg, and I think it's going to work good with what I have/need.

But for now I'm struggling with the idea that it would be great if there was a way to configure the inverter to charge the battery with the grid at a specific time(I have 50% price cut at night).
This because I don't have wet the pv installed and they won't be enough to charge the battery completely.
Does anyone know if it's possible in the inverter software or in any other way?
Thanks
Be safe - stay at home!

Not with the default software but i found somethin called Solar Patrol that you can schedule when the inverter is on Solar only, Utility and SBU (Solar/Battery/Utility)

I use it to set the inverter to battery via the SBU mode when the power gets expensive and back to grid (with the on grid charging enabled) when the power gets cheaper. works a treat in Winter when my solar cannot keep up with the demand

jdeadman said:
Not with the default software but i found somethin called Solar Patrol that you can schedule when the inverter is on Solar only, Utility and SBU (Solar/Battery/Utility)

I use it to set the inverter to battery via the SBU mode when the power gets expensive and back to grid (with the on grid charging enabled) when the power gets cheaper. works a treat in Winter when my solar cannot keep up with the demand

Thank you!

jdeadman said:

Ive just started using solar patrol again after a long lay off, it has some of the old data, but I cannot find it in the file system, Do you (or anyone else) know how to reset the historical date (the bottom section)
Thanks in advance,

I'd like to avoid removing and re-installing as its pretty much working fine, id just like to clear the data.

Back