Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Project 18650
Progress is slow, I am still waiting on a ton of packages from China, we are still in lock-down and our Post Service is shut, so in the meantime I have contunued testing my last load of cells and doing further research. 
I also took the time to bend my busbars ready from when I can start building my packs.

I have ordered the steal for my battery shed I should be getting it later this week and I will then start welding up my battery shed, I am hopping to my a vlog and take some snaps while I build it.
hbpowerwall likes this post
(05-27-2020, 10:08 AM)rolfbartels Wrote: Progress is slow, I am still waiting on a ton of packages from China, we are still in lock-down and our Post Service is shut, so in the meantime I have contunued testing my last load of cells and doing further research. 
Yes sir - a lot of purchases.  I just checked my spreadsheet and I'm over 350 purchases since my first purchase of (6 awg wire, 18650 bat holders, OPUS, and 60 UltraFire cells) Oct 2017.   Looks like you'll have a substantial powerwall to be proud of Smile
Project is progressing slowly, I have collected 95% of the cells I need last batch will arrive next week.

In the meantime I have built my battery shed frame, and it's ready to go to the galvanizes
hbpowerwall likes this post
So I have enough cells to create 19 x 80p pack, using repakr I created my cell pack which work out to 180Ah per pack and then started replacing the shrink wrap on the our side cells, 
unfortunately I ran out of shrink warp and my order for more has still not arrive. I have another delivery of laptop batteries on it's way to complete the last 2 80p.

baby steps
hbpowerwall and Wolf like this post
Wow! Cool...
Slow wins the race !!
So the Battery Shed arrived from galvanizes

I started cladding it with a product called cromadek flat sheets, these are 0.5mm sheets which are galvanized and then powder coats, and have a 25yr life guarantee from rust.
on the inside I add insulation to keep the direct sun from heating up the inside.

And this is final product, I no just need to hang he 18mm ply board and start mounting

The shed is very very white, and I am thinking of giving it a light grey coat, I want to keep it as light as possible to avoid it from adsorbing heat.... for now it will stay whit till my powerwall is up and running
hbpowerwall and OffGridInTheCity like this post