So... I made a drunk purchase last night.

elkeith108

Well I hope I didn't make another huge mistake. I purchased a electrodacus bms last night before I could really research it. I watched a few YouTube videos (one of them the guy had his shirt off??) and wake up this morning to a confirmation email that it will be sent next week. I really have to quit drinking and shopping.

I was wanting to get a reasonable priced bms that is safe. I was thinking of purchasing chargery bms but somehow the guy with no shirt really convinced me. If anyone can tell me how these units perform with 18650 power powerwall that would be great.

Electrodacouse is a 7s bms and mppt solar Charger in One unit
Great stuff If above fits you. Depending on version you bought

daromer said:
Electrodacouse is a 7s bms and mppt solar Charger in One unit
Great stuff If above fits you. Depending on version you bought

Thats great news. I am going to pair it with a mpp solar lv2424 I think on one of the videos I watched last night I would not have to use the solar charge function and could just use it as a bms. I think I have to buy some shunts for it and have been searching this forum for more info but most of them are dead ends. I also thought I paid $218.00 for the sbms0 plus the wifi box and shipping but it was $155.00 usd did not realize it was in Canadian currency last night which is awesome.

Sounds like you have some overlap...

Between the two, I would trust the MPPT Solar charge controller in the Electrodacouse over the lv2424, only because its the BMS and probably has better control over turning off charging?

You could always revisit your choice for inverter too.

I dont have any of this equipment... just looking at how it might all go together best. Electrodacouse was of much interest to me as it was one of the first better options out there and it seems like it has a lot of integration and capability. At least a fun enthusiast level piece of hardware.

Crimp Daddy said:
Sounds like you have some overlap...

Between the two, I would trust the MPPT Solar charge controller in the Electrodacouse over the lv2424, only because its the BMS and probably has better control over turning off charging?

You could always revisit your choice for inverter too.

I dont have any of this equipment... just looking at how it might all go together best. Electrodacouse was of much interest to me as it was one of the first better options out there and it seems like it has a lot of integration and capability. At least a fun enthusiast level piece of hardware.

I have already purchased the inverter and can't find any videos of people using this as a charge controller. I plan on using the batteries only if there is power loss. So I would assume with the Electrodacus I would have to draw from batteries when it shuts solar off and on. With the lv2424 it would charge the batteries than bypass to load with solar power. I hope that is correct. But if I do need more solar it is nice to know this has that capability. I would love to see an installed system in use.

So you run 7a. Electrodacus is not bad. Its basically an solar Charger controller with balancing. Of course depends on what modell you klicked home :)

Back