Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BMS Advice
Hi there, I have been searching re 'good' chinese BMSs and just wanted advice before I buy one

Would this be the BMS that is 'recommended' for a 7S 80P? I want a 100A version

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/400082822...4adbXl2lRK

does anyone know if this one is any good? https://es.aliexpress.com/item/329975520...7558%23176

Many thanks experienced people Smile
It works. Up to half of the current is what we generally recommend. So 50A could be wise to run.

I have done a video about it too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClGmMY0kXvQ
The Ultimate DIY Solar and build place
YouTube / Forum system setup / My webpage  Diy Tech & Repairs

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 100kWh LiFePo4 | 20kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly | ABB S3 and S5 Trip breakers
Upcoming: 14S 18650~30kWh
(04-22-2020, 08:38 AM)daromer Wrote: It works. Up to half of the current is what we generally recommend. So 50A could be wise to run.

I have done a video about it too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClGmMY0kXvQ
 Either of them? Cool, I'll check out the video Smile
Most "cheap" chinese bms ratings are overrated. So if it says 100A, it's best to assume 50A continuous is expected. They usually post the Surge rating not the operating continuous rating.
Ibiza likes this post
Proceed with caution. Knowledge is Power! Literally! Cool 
Knowledge is Power; Absolute Knowledge is Absolutely Shocking!
Certified 18650 Cell Reclamation Technician

Please come join in general chit-chat and randomness at Discord Chat (channels: general, 3d-printing, linux&coding, 18650, humor, ...)
(this chat is not directly affiliated with SecondLifeStorage; VALID email req'd)
Im guessing both of them are practically the same "crap" Tongue With that said i did not compare them if they are or not.
The Ultimate DIY Solar and build place
YouTube / Forum system setup / My webpage  Diy Tech & Repairs

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 100kWh LiFePo4 | 20kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly | ABB S3 and S5 Trip breakers
Upcoming: 14S 18650~30kWh
(04-22-2020, 02:32 PM)daromer Wrote: Im guessing both of them are practically the same "crap" Tongue  With that said i did not compare them if they are or not.
OK many thanks Smile
ive been using one of them bms on my ebike for the last year works great - its been managing a 63v 20ah pack
Hi mike

I've been running my battery on the 14S version of the first one for over a year and it's working great I've had no problems at all.
My packs are very well match so it does very little work, I have 14S 120P in parallel 40P packs. I'm not sure how well it would cope with packs that are very out of balance as the balance current is rather low.

Again to repeat the others, go with double the A's you will be drawing as these are defiantly sold as surge current and not continuous discharge current.

Ultimately I would love to go down the Batrium route, but funds don't permit it at the moment.

Cheers chuck.
UK Southwest.

7 kWp Solar Panels (28 x 250Wp Shinetime Mono).
14 X APS YC500i Micro Inverters.
42 X 40P 18650 cell packs/modules configured as 14S 120P.
Sofar Mass Energy ME3000SP AC coupled charger/inverter.
Still sourcing and processing cells for powerwall.
About halfway into my next batch of cells for another 14 40P packs
13 kWh processed and operational so far.
how is the sofar me3000 ? im looking into getting one of these too ? whats the monitoring like remotly. i cannot decide to wether to make my own pack using a bms or play it safe and buy a pylontech modual with it being placed inside my house. Whats your thoughts on this
(05-01-2020, 03:59 PM)motofox Wrote: how is the sofar me3000 ? im looking into getting one of these too ? whats the monitoring like remotly.  i cannot decide to wether to make my own pack using a bms or play it safe and buy a pylontech modual with it being placed inside my house. Whats your thoughts on this

The ME3000SP is working great i have no issues with it at all. very pleased with the purchase.

i can only monitor the BMS when i'm at home at the moment via the app. I have a Raspberry Pi and i'm attempting to learn how to code it, but I'm having massive problems understanding it at the moment.

i have built a small battery house outside for my battery built from harvested cells. Pylontech batteries are fine inside the house but i wouldn't want to have my self-built battery in the house.
UK Southwest.

7 kWp Solar Panels (28 x 250Wp Shinetime Mono).
14 X APS YC500i Micro Inverters.
42 X 40P 18650 cell packs/modules configured as 14S 120P.
Sofar Mass Energy ME3000SP AC coupled charger/inverter.
Still sourcing and processing cells for powerwall.
About halfway into my next batch of cells for another 14 40P packs
13 kWh processed and operational so far.