BMS Advice

It works. Up to half of the current is what we generally recommend. So 50A could be wise to run.

I have done a video about it too

daromer said:
It works. Up to half of the current is what we generally recommend. So 50A could be wise to run.

I have done a video about it too
Either of them? Cool, I'll check out the video :)

Most "cheap" chinese bms ratings are overrated. So if it says 100A, it's best to assume 50A continuous is expected. They usually post the Surge rating not the operating continuous rating.

Im guessing both of them are practically the same "crap" :p With that said i did not compare them if they are or not.

daromer said:
Im guessing both of them are practically the same "crap" :p With that said i did not compare them if they are or not.
OK many thanks :)

ive been using one of them bms on my ebike for the last year works great - its been managing a 63v 20ah pack

Hi mike

I've been running my battery on the 14S version of the first one for over a year and it's working great I've had no problems at all.
My packs are very well match so it does very little work, I have 14S 120P in parallel 40P packs. I'm not sure how well it would cope with packs that are very out of balance as the balance current is rather low.

Again to repeat the others, go with double the A's you will be drawing as these are defiantly sold as surge current and not continuous discharge current.

Ultimately I would love to go down the Batrium route, but funds don't permit it at the moment.

Cheers chuck.

how is the sofar me3000 ? im looking into getting one of these too ? whats the monitoring like remotly. i cannot decide to wether to make my own pack using a bms or play it safe and buy a pylontech modual with it being placed inside my house. Whats your thoughts on this

motofox said:
how is the sofar me3000 ? im looking into getting one of these too ? whats the monitoring like remotly. i cannot decide to wether to make my own pack using a bms or play it safe and buy a pylontech modual with it being placed inside my house. Whats your thoughts on this

The ME3000SP is working great i have no issues with it at all. very pleased with the purchase.

i can only monitor the BMS when i'm at home at the moment via the app. I have a Raspberry Pi and i'm attempting to learn how to code it, but I'm having massive problems understanding it at the moment.

i have built a small battery house outside for my battery built from harvested cells. Pylontech batteries are fine inside the house but i wouldn't want to have my self-built battery in the house.

Back