Is this BMS Diagram WRONG or is it ME?

I have been building a 10s battery and saw this BMS wiring image online

image_nokhgs.jpg

At first glance is seemed a great way to visualise the BMS wiring, but on closer inspection I think a mistake might have been made, the error seems to be in the numbering of the wiring on the bottom set of connectionsor or is it me?

image_mrhebv.jpg

I have put the numbers as I see them above and a corrected version of the image is below, IF I AM RIGHT???

image_eqmluy.jpg

Yes, first diagram is most likely wrong, but best to check the BMS documentation.
Besides that, any half-decent 10s BMS should have 11 sensor wires. The missing one should go to the (-) of the far right cell. The thick black power wire cannot be used for sensing, because as soon as current starts to flow through the wire, the voltage reading becomes too unreliable.

ajw22 said:
Yes, first diagram is most likely wrong, but best to check the BMS documentation.
Besides that, any half-decent 10s BMS should have 11 sensor wires. The missing one should go to the (-) of the far right cell. The thick black power wire cannot be used for sensing, because as soon as current starts to flow through the wire, the voltage reading becomes too unreliable.

Thanks for your reply

It does indeed come with the first black wire which as you say goes to the negative of the far right cell.

The way I understood it, is you start from the black wire, then just follow the current through the cells, putting the next red wire on the next positive it passes.

Back