BFC TP4056 Need Advice

NERDVille

Hi All

So I'm gathering components to build the BFC and wanted to get some advice regarding the circuit layout for hooking up the TP4056 modules

I'm considering using a 1.5A resettable Polyfuse should the TP4056 chip decide to drive itself above 1.5A its got some protection.

Is it worth putting in a capacitor inline to stabilize current from the PSU too?

AND does it matter if these are soldered on the negative or positive side of the holder.

But, what about when inserting batteries in the wrong way. I know I need a Diode but what spec would be cheapest and type?. Zener? Rectifier? Solid State?SCHOTTKY BARRIER DIODE? etc :huh:

If you think there is anything else adding worth adding please feel free to suggest and advice.

thanks

NERDVille

NERDVille said:
Hi All

So I'm gathering components to build the BFC and wanted to get some advice regarding the circuit layout for hooking up the TP4056 modules

I'm considering using a 1.5A resettable Polyfuse should the TP4056 chip decide to drive itself above 1.5A its got some protection.

Is it worth putting in a capacitor inline to stabilize current from the PSU too?

But, what about when inserting batteries in the wrong way. I know I need a Diode but what spec would be cheapest and type?. Zener? Rectifier? Solid State?SCHOTTKY BARRIER DIODE? etc :huh:

If you think there is anything else adding worth adding please feel free to suggest and advice.

thanks

NERDVille
NERDville,

There is a thread, "Tp4056 reverse voltage protection", that addresses this to some extent. In that thread it was advised that schottky diodes were the way to go.

-John-

what i can say, they dont like it to be run in parallel with 9 others on a single cable with only 3,5v left in it^^

It's also to be noted that the final would be to use low forward voltage mosfets for the reverse protection. The problem here, is you would need a LOT of them for this application. You could get them made up someplace prefab on smb style to take up the least amount of space.
https://electronics.stackexchange.c...li-ion-reverse-polarity-protection-when-prote

This would give you the best protection without some weird results showing up.

Back