Inverter Battery Voltage Range

Greentec Auto

Hello All,
I have a large amount of LTO modules that are in an odd voltage range.
The module is two submodules of 12s.
Voltage range can be either 64.8V to 36V or 32.4V to 18V.
Im having trouble finding an inverter that would be able to use this battery module in the64.8V range.
Splitting them in half has been what a lot of my customers end up doing, but I always get asked about recommendations for an inverter that can do the whole range.
Anybody know any reliable brands that can do64.8V to 36V? It dosnt have to be %100 DOD, but the more the better.
Thanks.
image_mytaum.jpg

image_orzhwz.jpg

GreentecAuto said:
Hello All,
I have a large amount of LTO modules that are in an odd voltage range.
The module is two submodules of 12s.
Voltage range can be either 64.8V to 36V or 32.4V to 18V.
Im having trouble finding an inverter that would be able to use this battery module in the64.8V range.
Splitting them in half has been what a lot of my customers end up doing, but I always get asked about recommendations for an inverter that can do the whole range.
Anybody know any reliable brands that can do64.8V to 36V? It dosnt have to be %100 DOD, but the more the better.
Thanks.
image_mytaum.jpg

image_orzhwz.jpg
You could rewire them to11s to get 22s as you're base or just rewire any way you want to get 22s. This brings to mind @DavidPoz "DIY Powerwall with LTO cells, Part 1" -

Depending on how many of these you have, you might wind up 'wasting' a few cells but probably save $ and aggravation to stay with main-stream 48v (nomial) equipment choices.

There is an inverter than can do close to if not at 64V. It was discussed here a few months back. But I can't remember which one it was or who it was that had it. Make sure to keep researching before having to make that change of requiring the units and leave it as a last resort.

You will never need to go as high in the charge cycle with LTO nor anywhere near as low in the voltage range.

This is my 2 x 11s packs performance - real world.

image_dxycsb.jpg

With 12s any typical inverter should work ok.

This is my inverters build for use with LTO...
https://secondlifestorage.com/showthread.php?tid=7048

Majority of energy is roughly 2.05 - 2.45V per cell

This is roughly what it looks like for a pack from an image I did on another forum..
https://www.thebackshed.com/forum/ViewTopic.php?TID=11077&PID=131840#131840

2019-03-08_191723_HomeBattery22sVoltageVsEnergy.png

Summary : my current normal operating voltage range is 45V to 54V (22s) which would be the equivalent of 49V to 59V for you. With the lower voltage it depends on your wiring as to what real lower voltage you will see under load. Pull 10kW and it may drop to low 40's.

Wow.
You guys have been very helpful.
I know you wont gain much going all the way up and all the way down, but sometimes people want to have that option.
I appreciate everyone who chimed in.
Ill pass this info on.

Outback had an inverter that can operate at 68v, magnum has one that can do 67v, reliable voltage range is 50v-70v for the 60v model. Victron has a couple inverters that do up to 66v

Back