Balance leads

barry

I want to use a active balancer to ballance my 14s packs,but does the balance leads have to be the same length or does it not matter?
I could not find the answer to that maybe you guys have a answer :D

Depends on the balancer

And why do you need active balancer? Do you have that uneven packs that you need them? Why not rebuild the packs instead so you dont have to spend the money on them and instead just have a proper BMS. Preferable one that can tell you which pack is weaker?

Most active balancers HIDES the issues instead. And for most people it takes 10+ years before they pay off. Some even wastes more energy than you save....

Hi Daromer,

Yes i watched your video :D
The packs that i've build are 500mah(min) to 1 ah(max) between them.
Yes a propper BMS,well.... i like Batrium but it is to expencive if you ask me and my wallet :-/ i found a active balancer that some people liked it and how it worked but if you have a better idea :D
But in general does the ballance leads have to be the same length or does it not matter?

Lengtj depends on the balancer.
And No you dont need it. Just get a proper bms and No you dont need batrium. You need a bms. Start with that and use the balancer built in first.

If your packs drift enough that you need an active balancer to correct it then you have a problem with the packs.

Voltage sensing occurs at essentially zero current, meaning voltage loss is negligible, so the gauge and length are not important.

Back