Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Laptop Batteries?
Hey guys and gals,
   Been away for a couple years, but now I'm back on the battery train...lol. Their used to be some folks on here that sold laptop batteries by the pound. I looked in the for sale section and didn't see anyone posting. Is there another place to look? Or is that option disappeared in the last few years? Mods feel free to move this thread if it's in the wrong place. Hope you all are safe and healthy  Wink

Dale
Where you live?

Batteryhookup sell in US as example
The Ultimate DIY Solar and build place
YouTube / Forum system setup / My webpage  Diy Tech & Repairs

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 100kWh LiFePo4 | 20kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly | ABB S3 and S5 Trip breakers
Upcoming: 14S 18650~30kWh
I started a few years ago by calling/emailing every computer repair shop or computer-related business that I could find within an hour or two radius of my house. It took a lot of work but worked out great in the end.
CHEAP! 2200mAh Sanyo Cells for Salvage, Only $0.17/ea!!
^ Use discount code "BATTERY" for 10% off!
I just physically went to my local recyclers... its time consuming but it usually worked best for me.
(05-04-2020, 04:26 PM)Crimp Daddy Wrote: I just physically went to my local recyclers... its time consuming but it usually worked best for me.

I wish I could do that. I asked my local recycler if they had any scrap aluminum rails (for solar panels) and they told me they don't resell due to liability. They won't even sell aluminum, let alone batteries Sad
Crimp Daddy likes this post
CHEAP! 2200mAh Sanyo Cells for Salvage, Only $0.17/ea!!
^ Use discount code "BATTERY" for 10% off!
(05-05-2020, 12:02 PM)mike Wrote:
(05-04-2020, 04:26 PM)Crimp Daddy Wrote: I just physically went to my local recyclers... its time consuming but it usually worked best for me.

I wish I could do that. I asked my local recycler if they had any scrap aluminum rails (for solar panels) and they told me they don't resell due to liability. They won't even sell aluminum, let alone batteries Sad

I have got that message as well... some do and some don't.  Its the R2 compliant facilities that generally have a paperwork trail they need to maintain which can cause hurdles for us.