TP4056 problems?

zerberfert

Hello all,

I need a little help and it's time to ask the guru's. I am still in the early stages of collecting and processing 18650's. It is taking forever to charge and test all these batteries( I am about 1/2 way of my 1350 18650's). I did a bunch of research and built some charging boards. I followedSeidel Philipp's 18650 PCB design. It was nice of him to provide all the files and such, so we can charge batteries a little faster. Thanks Seidel. Anyways, I have 5 boards made up except for the diodes. The diodes should be in the next couple of days. I got my 5v power supply in today and went to test my charging boards (without putting in any batteries) and think I have a few issues.

Here is a pic of what I am seeing:

image_zamftn.jpg

I only have 1 board that all 4 green lights light up. The other boards are either red or not lit at all. In that picture I have 2 green lights, 1 red light and 1 no light at all.

I used my meter and checked for continuity and everything seems fine. Does this mean the TP4056 board is bad? Or maybe the green led is just burnt out? Is there anyway to test and fix it or do I just need to replace each TP4056 that is not working correctly?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Zerb

That usually means there's a voltage drop issue to the TP4056 module. If you're powering it with those alligator clips, that's probably the problem. Replace the connection and the wire. The yellow lead looks to be in pretty bad shape

Back