Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you use social media?
What social medias besides forums do you use and why so? I'll start - I use Instagram, mostly for business.
(05-06-2020, 10:29 AM)mariopepper Wrote: What social medias besides forums do you use and why so? I'll start - I use Instagram, mostly for business.
None at all!
For Info Google Drive

Great ABB shunt breaker seller River City Industrial
Great prices and superb service.
 [Image: em2566%20(1)__19172.1521541365.jpg?c=2]

Not your average Wolf       
            Cool
Pretty much only Discord. Getting rapid live feedback on a problem helps a lot.
Proceed with caution. Knowledge is Power! Literally! Cool 
Knowledge is Power; Absolute Knowledge is Absolutely Shocking!
Certified 18650 Cell Reclamation Technician

Please come join in general chit-chat and randomness at Discord Chat (channels: general, 3d-printing, linux&coding, 18650, humor, ...)
(this chat is not directly affiliated with SecondLifeStorage; VALID email req'd)
Mostly forums, been my preference for years...

Discord was new to me, but I do like it.
YouTube, mostly as a watcher, but recently started creating content for fun.
Facebook account was made just this year after I started getting more involved, but only to keep up with groups and share my videos with other battery people.

Before that, I was actually pretty against social media. Still never had a twitter, Instagram. Truthfully i'm surprised I even signed up for Facebook. Now that I have it, I can see how people can get sucked in. It has started to waste a lot of my time but I still like it lol.
I use instagram for my leather business but that is about it. It is a slippery slope to spending far to much time so I have to keep myself in check. But it is really interesting to see what my peers are doing. I've learned a ton of new techniques from others in the same industry and made some great connections.
Now im curious... two people mentioned Instagram and business.

What is it about that platform that attracts you to it for business use? Asking because i've never used it. It is just self advertising?
It is basically connecting directly to the people who you want to buy your goods. They share it with their friends, who share it with... You get the idea. I use it to show off my products in use and then people contact me directly to buy things. You can set it up where you can tag things in your posts that go directly to your website to help with marketing. I don't do that portion yet but I have considered it. I get enough word of mouth references or "I saw it on so and so's instagram and I'd like to buy it" that I keep doing it.
Crimp Daddy likes this post
(05-07-2020, 12:56 AM)Crimp Daddy Wrote: Now im curious... two people mentioned Instagram and business. 

What is it about that platform that attracts you to it for business use?  Asking because i've never used it.  It is just self advertising?
I prefer IG because my business is related to casual clothes. And most people who buy casual wear - are young people aged 16-30. They use Instagram, the roll their news stream and there are pictures of my stuff. I also like IG because I don't need to spend much time for promotion. I used to promote only several times here when I started and it helped a lot. Then I just don't pay extra money for promotion at all
Crimp Daddy likes this post
OP is a spam
Account
(05-07-2020, 12:24 PM)slimf Wrote: OP is a spam
Account

Seems OK to me...