Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iconica Hybrid Inverter
Hi All 
ok so now im starting to collect parts for my 18650 system, harvesting as many cells as can and i have orderd cell holder PCBs from JLCPCB.
"though id go plug in rather than soldering up packs"
i have a 12v system, with seperate charge controler ,inverter that i started with.
so i can go to 24v with the pannels and charge controller i have already.
will need to upgrade my inverter so i m thinking of stepping up to a Hybrid Inverter and need some advice.
ill be starting with the cabin in the garden but after reading posts on the fourm and wathing loads of youtube vids would love to 
expand to the house, so im guessing making the right choise on inverter now will save me in the long run.
so 24v or 48V and what inverter??
i know MPP solar are a good inverter, but when searching i keep coming accress Iconica Hybrid Inverter.
has anyone got /used / reviewed these inverters 
are they worth it wast of time?

thanks
48v is the way to go.
Make sure your whole chain suits before you buy a single product. Or else it will get expensive

Hybrid inverters = You can sell back to grid/grid-tie with battery. You need permission ot have those
Off-grid = Inverter that can use battery and solar and in some cases charge from AC or switch to AC like MPP solar.

MPP solar is a cheap brand and therefore have been common. Its far from a great inverter but it do work for most of us.
Example is that they have high idle load, low efficiency and only 1 years very limited warranty.

Iconica is a clone of MPP......
And they dont know whats what.. They say that the offgrid version is a hybrid. Example: https://www.photonicuniverse.com/en/cata...ility.html

I would not choose them at all due to this. Above is the normal 5048 Off grid inverter.
The Ultimate DIY Solar and build place
YouTube / Forum system setup / My webpage  Diy Tech & Repairs

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 100kWh LiFePo4 | 20kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly | ABB S3 and S5 Trip breakers
Upcoming: 14S 18650~30kWh
(05-08-2020, 05:07 PM)daromer Wrote: 48v is the way to go.
Make sure your whole chain suits before you buy a single product. Or else it will get expensive

Hybrid inverters = You can sell back to grid/grid-tie with battery. You need permission ot have those
Off-grid = Inverter that can use battery and solar and in some cases charge from AC or switch to AC like MPP solar.

MPP solar is a cheap brand and therefore have been common. Its far from a great inverter but it do work for most of us.
Example is that they have high idle load, low efficiency and only 1 years very limited warranty.

Iconica is a clone of MPP......
And they dont know whats what.. They say that the offgrid version is a hybrid. Example: https://www.photonicuniverse.com/en/cata...ility.html

I would not choose them at all due to this. Above is the normal 5048 Off grid inverter.

thanks for the info daromer
will defo be looking to go hybrid for the house.
iv found Volasol in the uk there units seem to comply with regulations.
expensive though.
so ill stay clear of Iconica then.
ill be working for the local authority once this lockdown is over so will get all the in's and outs about regulations from them.