Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RC3563 IR tester - Data stream
I just received this new tester with the awesome Cell fixture to test 18650.
The voltage and IR readings appear quite reliable and stable.

I believe I have determined that it uses the ESP32 and CP2102 USB to UART.
I installed the libraries into Arduino IDE and checked the Serial stream,,,,, but!

The stream is displayed as gibberish.

Seeing as I am new to ESP32 does anyone know how to view the stream from this tester?

My goal is to be able to hit a button in Excel and record the data (voltage and IR) when I record the cell number.
Gibberish sounds like your baud rate is incorrect. Make sure the Serial.begin(baud) is the same as the value in the serial monitor (or visa-versa).
If they are not the same, you'll get what appears to be random gibberish characters.
Proceed with caution. Knowledge is Power! Literally! Cool 
Knowledge is Power; Absolute Knowledge is Absolutely Shocking!
Certified 18650 Cell Reclamation Technician

Please come join in general chit-chat and randomness at Discord Chat (channels: general, 3d-printing, linux&coding, 18650, humor, ...)
(this chat is not directly affiliated with SecondLifeStorage; VALID email req'd)
Manufacture software is set at 115200, so I set the IDE serial monitor to that rate also. Tried other rates and still is Gibberish.
Korishan likes this post
Try connecting to it using Putty or similar terminal app instead of the arduino ide. You don't need libraries to read the serial port, only for compiling code.

Another option is to check to make sure the com port is set up correctly. Go into Device Manager under Ports, and the one that shows up when plugging in the ESP32, right click, Properties, Driver, Update Drivers. it's possible it's using the wrong driver.
Proceed with caution. Knowledge is Power! Literally! Cool 
Knowledge is Power; Absolute Knowledge is Absolutely Shocking!
Certified 18650 Cell Reclamation Technician

Please come join in general chit-chat and randomness at Discord Chat (channels: general, 3d-printing, linux&coding, 18650, humor, ...)
(this chat is not directly affiliated with SecondLifeStorage; VALID email req'd)
Here is what it looks like.  

the changes are when I inserted a new cell. 
So you can see I reinserted the same cell 3 times.