Any 16s device like ISDT BattGo BG-8S??

Sojourner

Is there such a device similar toISDT BattGo BG-8S but will read greater than 8 cells, preferably 14 cells or 16 cells??

The BattGo 8s version seems very handy. Wondering why they don't have 16s version.

Sojourner said:
Is there such a device similar toISDT BattGo BG-8S but will read greater than 8 cells, preferably 14 cells or 16 cells??

The BattGo 8s version seems very handy. Wondering why they don't have 16s version.
I'm a BattGo 8s fan as well but after much searching, did not find BattGo 16s or anything (cheap) like it. You can do 2 of them side by side for 16s display but alas, cannot balance 16s.

I have a Chargery 16 on order as (perhaps) next level up.

OffGridInTheCity said:
Sojourner said:

I'm a BattGo 8s fan as well but after much searching, did not find BattGo 16s or anything (cheap) like it. You can do 2 of them side by side for 16s display but alas, cannot balance 16s.

I have a Chargery 16 on order as (perhaps) next level up.

Surprising :-/

Thank youfor the response.

Its a shame really, as the BattGo 8S (I have one as well as an ISDT hobby charger) is a really nice little unit. The reason there isn't a 16S unit is because the BattGo 8S is primarily aimed at the radio controlled model market, whom tend not to use cell counts higher than 8S except on really exotic or specialty models, ex big camera drone. Due to this, ISDT would not really make many sales (except from us battery guys) of a 16S unit.

The next level up is indeed the chargery 16T, which can be easily used without all the extra fluff attached (buzzer, led, shunt, etc) to balance and simply monitor a 16S pack. The only drawback is that it will not start up on anything less than 7S from memory unless you use an external power supply. In that case you would use the BattGo 8S which is way cheaper than Chargerys other model, the 8T which will start from a <7S battery.

I do what people have been doing for years... just get more than one unit. I have been doing this since even before the BattGo even existed with the Cell Log. Its more than adequate for monitoring, and more useful for charging as well by breaking the packs in two.

My iCharger 4010 can monitor and charge a "20s pack", when it has been wired electrically as two 10s packs. This has been common practice in e-bikes for years, including in RC when needed.

If you want a BMS system, that is an entirely different application... and high series count solutions already exists.

Sojourner said:
Wondering why they don't have 16s version.

BecauseISDT is an RC hobby brand and there is not much of a market for anything more than 8s in RC.

ISDT isn'teven trying to get into the Powerwall game...

This is going to be common for most power gear marketing to RC crowd. It just so happensto be relevantand adapt well in our hobby as well. It's not that it can't be made, they probably don't see much of a market for it to front the production and developments costs.

Back