Home made battery changer

b0re

Update (https://secondlifestorage.com/showthread.php?tid=7768) - I made a DC to DC Constant voltage charger

24v 19amps 35c. its ran for months now all good.

I bought the1800wat DC converter off eBayIt will not run at this without cooling and high current, out the box it will run at 9-10amps at 80c. I added a massive heat sink and used 1 high flow fan in an aluminium case.. To powerit bought aswitching power supply of eBay
  • I added smalldc to dc converter in there as wellso I could run the fan at 13.2v to speed it up:)
  • A shunt so you can see how much kw/ahas gone in
  • 12V plug for using any power supply you want ([size=small]current will be lower)[/size]
  • [size=small]Upgraded thermal pads[/size]
Just for the safety people out there, the DC convertor has 2 fuses. I added one more on the output + just in case.

Total cost 43.80

Build time 1 month lol and why did it do it not sure...

It was fun.

[size=small] image_byvymr.jpg[/size]

image_hqwfci.jpg

I can appreciate a good DIY, but with all the options out there from Daygreen and Victron, I highly doubt I would build my own.

That said, the shunt is a nice add! Your finished product does look pretty sweet.

CrimpDaddy said:
I can appreciate a good DIY, but with all the options out there from Daygreen and Victron, I highly doubt I would build my own.

That said, the shunt is a nice add! Your finished product does look pretty sweet.

The Victron changer at 24v at 12a cost 170 your looking at over 300 for close to 20a at 24v.

This cost43.80

b0re said:
CrimpDaddy said:

The Victron changer at 24v at 12a cost 170 your looking at over 300 for close to 20a at 24v.

This cost43.80

My 30a Daygreen unit was $32.38 shipped from AliExpress...

Victron makes quality gear... I use them in all my mobile applications and its worth the money.

Back