Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange 18650 capacity test
All you need to do is use a 3 wire 2s balance cable and cut off the 3rd wire.
(05-14-2020, 04:57 PM)Crimp Daddy Wrote: All you need to do is use a 3 wire 2s balance cable and cut off the 3rd wire.
I used male female breadboard cables. Imax said no battery.
Sounds like wrongly connected then.
The Ultimate DIY Solar and build place
YouTube / Forum system setup / My webpage  Diy Tech & Repairs

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 100kWh LiFePo4 | 20kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly | ABB S3 and S5 Trip breakers
Upcoming: 14S 18650~30kWh
(05-14-2020, 05:13 PM)daromer Wrote: Sounds like wrongly connected then.
İ connected balance cables parallel with charge/discharge cables. Then to the battery. Did i do it wrong?
Ideally you want to meter directly from the cell or as close to the cells as possible. Where you tap from can matter, more so when the rates increase... What you are doing should work, are you using the correct balance spots on the charger JST port?

This works with all my chargers... maybe its just the iMax?
Yiğit likes this post
If you have it hooked up like this it should work.
If it doesn't then maybe as Crimp Daddy says Imax is the problem.

Wolf
Crimp Daddy and Yiğit like this post
For Info Google Drive

Great ABB shunt breaker seller River City Industrial
Great prices and superb service.
 [Image: em2566%20(1)__19172.1521541365.jpg?c=2]

Not your average Wolf       
            Cool
It seems imax is the problem. Thanks for spending your valuable time with my questions.
I know throwing money at problem isn't always ideal, but if you can afford to do it, I personally enjoy the iCharger series of chargers.

They have some unique features that make it very applicable to the type of things we do with batteries... including internal resistance testing. I generally use those types of chargers to benchmark other chargers.

There are plenty of others quality units out there, I just have a comfort level with them after using it for years which is why I recommended it. It's probably one of my most valuable "battery tools" next to my multimeter.
(05-15-2020, 01:27 AM)Crimp Daddy Wrote: I know throwing money at problem isn't always ideal, but if you can afford to do it, I personally enjoy the iCharger series of chargers.

They have some unique features that make it very applicable to the type of things we do with batteries... including internal resistance testing. I generally use those types of chargers to benchmark other chargers.

There are plenty of others quality units out there, I just have a comfort level with them after using it for years which is why I recommended it. It's probably one of my most valuable "battery tools" next to my multimeter.
I wish i could but with our currency its nearly impossible for a student.
It's all good man... we all have to start somewhere and make due with what we got. It's just the first time I did not see this work.

Do you know if your imax charger is authentic or one of the clones?

Worst case scenario you can monitor things manual with a separate multimeter. You would learn a bit of how the charger perceives cell voltage without the 2 other wires. For lower discharge/charge rates you it will be close enough.
Yiğit likes this post