3 months error

Overmind

I was trying to RE on an older topic and I get an error saying something about being older than 3 months.
What's up with that ?
There is no reason to open another topic about the same cell.

This was done because people were resurrecting old topics instead of creating a new thread about their specific problem. 3 Month was just the starting date. It can be adjusted to a longer time frame.

3 month is still in effect. There are a few topics already that I can't RE to.

I think it should be removed - who do I speak to?

Suggestion post a link to old thread in a new thread same title with your update/reply
maybe quote the post you are replying to in the new thread.
later floyd

I've been on the net for a few decades and active in a few hundred forums. In my experience it is rare (and very cumbersome) to have rules that lock old threads (aka necromancy blocks). It is also not wise, e.g. suppose someone discovers a safety issue with some cells someone raved about long ago. Then there is no way to update the old thread with warnings (and google page rank may elevate the old thread much higher than any new threads in search results).

So my recommendation is to not have such limits. Or if one insists, then limit the blocksto newbies or somesuch.Their detriments arefar worse than theiradvantages.

Not too infrequently I update my old posts with new info (even some from over 10 years ago on forums that have managed to survive that long).

Generally, locality of information is something one should strive for since it greatly aids efficient comprehension (not to mention many folks are too lazy to follow links - which I know well since I link heavily - so much so that some folks complained that they got lost following my links, and even somehow managed to get stuck inloops!).

Feature has been disabled

Suggest perhaps making it so only OP can resurrect an old thread?

Back